Apple Juice Brined Pecan/Cherry Pork Chop

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 25, 2017
Winchester,Va
"Premium" pork chops were on sale at local grocer @ 4.99 lb. This two rib specimen is 1.75 lb. after trim.

1633296765036.png
Decent marbling.
1633296844500.png

Made/cooled brine, Jaccarded chop.
1633297064180.png

Night night time.
1633297189133.png

Firing up inverted chimney, smoker already loaded with Ridge and 2 small chunks of each.
1633297325674.png

Beautiful amber hue after 20 hr. soak and rinse. You can still see the Jaccard holes. It is tender!
I should have weighed it after soak....
1633297662854.png

Sugar and spice and everything nice, the far left bottle is Gochugaru, which was in the brine too.
1633297854699.png

Sometimes the TBS just doesn't want to be photographed. HAH!
Not the first time and won't be the last.
1633298040397.png

Cruising nicely, I bumped the meat alarm down to 139* after pic.
1633298248964.png

Off at 139*. Was peeking through the exhaust vent, it had just started to "sweat", perfect.
Wrapping to rest in cooler while I do some chores - supposed to be rainy all week.
1633298378613.png
1633298584161.png

Snuggled in.
1633298749677.png

Delicious! You can see the striations from the Jaccard. Looks like ham, tastes like ham. Not salty at all, sweet with a good pepper flavor.
1633305225294.png

With a little foil juice, tater and beans.
1633305414578.png

I have used this brine many times but never used the Jaccard along with brine. I wasn't expecting it to be hammy, but it surely was. In 20 hours!

Man I would murder one or even two of those!! I need to get some good chops. Great cook man!

Damned nice looking chop Moto, and yeah that marbling is rare to find in commercial pork.
Bet the flavors were off the charts... YUM!
Thanks John. Yeah it's hard to find good chops. Sweet like a honey ham from the apple juice and brown sugar and peppery from the black and red Gochugaru.
Man I would murder one or even two of those!! I need to get some good chops. Great cook man!
Thanks Jeff. Good luck finding suitable chops, it's not easy around here without paying a fortune.
Looking good. I, too, like to brine my chops in apple juice overnight. Delicious!!
I had to google a jaccard, since I have never heard of it before. Certainly looks worth buying.
Gary
Thank you Gary. Sorry I should have pictured the Jaccard. I know at least a few people here use them. They are absolutely worth buying, it's one of those items I wish I would have bought sooner.
Wow! Crushing it! I’ll take some of that!!!
Thanks for the kind words. It's easy, just takes some planning ahead.
Damn that is perfect! I havent had a good chop in at least 2 years, ill take 2 please!!!
Perfect, I don't know, but damn tasty anyway. Thanks
Nice piece of Pork, great cooked color.

David
Thank you David. It was a pretty pink hammy color inside with a cloak of pecan and cherry outside.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow ! So easy to miss threads . That looks fantastic .
Yeah, they pass too fast on the main page, maybe should get rid of the HUGE space for chat room and make more room for threads.
Thank you it was very tasty just not what I was expecting. I also fried a few slices that were spectacular.
That all looks Outstanding, Moto!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Bear. It was sooo tender and hammy.

I had some 2 " thick loin chops that I seasoned with the same stuff I did the eye round with . Vac'd them up for deer season , but forgot them . Kids put them in the freezer for me , and I found them a couple weeks after I got home . Result was tender and some what hammy .

Reactions: motocrash
If you have the chat window open , go to the upper right side of that window and click on the settings button . It will drop down a menu , and disable chat will be towards the bottom .
Thanks for the heads up on the settings.
Al mentioned the New Threads column moving too quickly the other day in a post. It holds 10 new threads, did it used to hold more?
I'm thinking yes, back before the format change....

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky