Anyone know what connection this is please?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rosra

Original poster
Jul 27, 2020
sorry if posting in wrong area

i have been looking for weeks now and i cant find any info for this

all i wanna know is what connection this is or where i can buy a new one or how i can extend our hose as its only around 3ft

any help really appreciated

i did ask manufacturer but really havent been any help and now im really not sure where else i should check

cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2368.JPG
    IMG_2368.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2371.JPG
    IMG_2371.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2372.JPG
    IMG_2372.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2373.JPG
    IMG_2373.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2375.JPG
    IMG_2375.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2376.JPG
    IMG_2376.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2377.JPG
    IMG_2377.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2390.JPG
    IMG_2390.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 20
Yep, a good place to start with smokin peachey smokin peachey said. Sometimes hard to find exactly what you need depending on how well stocked the store is and how knowledgeable they are.

Ryan

Reactions: JC in GB
no sorry i havent because we dont really have a place like that for UK

i did however check and email loads of companies but no one know what connection this is

i did however buy this item originally from US thats why i thought it might be a good idea to ask here

many thanks

if i can find a store for US i can ask if they will ship internationally but so far i havent found anywhere

this is for a wok burner but i look everywhere but i find nothing

The connection fitting is an orifice nozzle. The small hole is metered and the diameter is precise. this the the jet where the propane or natural gas flows into the venturi of the burner to mix with air prior to coming out of the jets for combustion.

Reactions: daveomak
The connection fitting is an orifice nozzle. The small hole is metered and the diameter is precise. this the the jet where the propane or natural gas flows into the venturi of the burner to mix with air prior to coming out of the jets for combustion.

Yes your right its from a wok burner

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 14
That complete hose, regulator, and fittings can be used on a number of different burners, it's the orifice that determines the amount of gas and hence the number of BTU's the burner will have.

A propane store that refills and services tanks. Take it with you.

Something like this would be easiest if you are just looking for a longer hose, can get shorter ones too

View attachment 455950

Yes i agree would be a good idea and easier, but if you look at images i posted you will see its got a connector which isnt like the one you posted unless there is an adaptor?

Indaswamp might be right, but the end with the orifice looks to me like a straight, not a tapered thread. It appears to seal on the burner/orifice end with an O-ring slightly larger than the orifice insert, so the threads needn't be tapered to create a seal.

So I'd assume that end could be any weird thread and proprietary connector, so take good care of it...might be hard to replace. But the other end of that short brass burner fitting is almost certainly 1/4 NPT female. So you really just need an extension from 1/4 NPT male to female, in the added length you want, to insert between your hose and the somewhat unique brass fitting with the orifice.

Will 5-foot do the trick? Note male-to-male hose is much more common so a 1/4 NPT coupling will be needed if you get one of those.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky