Anyone know what connection this is please?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Indaswamp might be right, but the end with the orifice looks to me like a straight, not a tapered thread. It appears to seal on the burner/orifice end with an O-ring slightly larger than the orifice insert, so the threads needn't be tapered to create a seal.

So I'd assume that end could be any weird thread and proprietary connector, so take good care of it...might be hard to replace. But the other end of that short brass burner fitting is almost certainly 1/4 NPT female. So you really just need an extension from 1/4 NPT male to female, in the added length you want, to insert between your hose and the somewhat unique brass fitting with the orifice.

Will 5-foot do the trick? Note male-to-male hose is much more common so a 1/4 NPT coupling will be needed if you get one of those.

Yes 5ft really would be perfect as im looking for 8ft total

can you please post a link for what i need as i still really have no idea

thanks for your help friend

That is a gas regulating orifice... In the picture it shows where it is inserted into the burner... It's not under any pressure from the burner side so it will not push out... If it has a number on it, the chart will tell you how many BTU it will produce at a given pressure....

Attachments

• Propane Orifice location.png
    Propane Orifice location.png
    61 KB · Views: 6
  • orifice sizes2.png
    orifice sizes2.png
    324.4 KB · Views: 7
sorry i did read all but i still now have no idea what i need or where i can buy i emailed everyone no one knows or have any idea please if anyone has anymore info please post very grateful

i tried no one here has any idea

i did get a few messages back saying this

------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the parts you need if you want to use the same regulator.

G-850-BRF-SP - https://gashosesandregulators.com/searchproducts.php?srch=G-850#

G-100HP194 - https://gashosesandregulators.com/Replacement-Hoses/51

G-46-6B - https://gashosesandregulators.com/searchproducts.php?srch=G-46#

Or If you want the end fitting to be 90 degree elbow,

G-49-6B - https://gashosesandregulators.com/searchproducts.php?srch=G-49#

seems outlet of regulator is a 1/4" Female NPT.

And the end fitting of the hose is what we call an orifice, if you remove that fitting from the 90 degree elbow to me it will be a 1/4" Female NPT.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyone agree with what i was told ?

The orifice fitting should stay in the burner it was take out of. if you are attaching a hose to a different burner, then use the orifice on the new burner. You should be able to disconnect the hose from the regulator, and the orifice and replace the hose with a longer one.

I have now taken other end off now i can see what is there

please can someone look see what you are thinking now

Attachments

• IMG_2405.JPG
    IMG_2405.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2406.JPG
    IMG_2406.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2407.JPG
    IMG_2407.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2408.JPG
    IMG_2408.JPG
    281.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2409.JPG
    IMG_2409.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2412.JPG
    IMG_2412.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2413.JPG
    IMG_2413.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2418.JPG
    IMG_2418.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2425.JPG
    IMG_2425.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2427.JPG
    IMG_2427.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2429.JPG
    IMG_2429.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2430.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2432.JPG
    IMG_2432.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2434.JPG
    IMG_2434.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2435.JPG
    IMG_2435.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2436.JPG
    IMG_2436.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2437.JPG
    IMG_2437.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2438.JPG
    IMG_2438.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2439.JPG
    IMG_2439.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2440.JPG
    IMG_2440.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2442.JPG
    IMG_2442.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 3
My advice is just buy an extension hose in 1/4 npt (National Pipe Thread) from Male to Female and insert it between what you show in IMG_2425 and IMG 2427. Everything else then stays the same.

Reactions: rosra
Yes, it appears nearly identical to the amazon model I suggested for half the price.

thanks for confirming

a few more quick questions please

hose i have now says 350-PSI if i will be extending to 8ft will i need a higher PSI for hose as its using a high pressure regulator?

now when i was unscrewing everything i noticed on all threaded parts there was a kind of sealant do you have any idea what sort sealant i will need for re sealing everything ?

i see some people say use teflon other people say no because its a high pressure regulator, i think it will be best if i use a sealant but im not sure which one i should use any idea please?

thanks for all your advice very grateful

can someone look these images please confirm if this is the same one as the one i posted

i now took all off connections now i can see only hose i need however im not sure where i can buy this one

all i need now is the same one however i need one with a 90 degree angle per image and also 8ft anyone know where i can get please?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2442.JPG
    IMG_2442.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2443.JPG
    IMG_2443.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2444.JPG
    IMG_2444.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2445.JPG
    IMG_2445.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2446.JPG
    IMG_2446.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2447.JPG
    IMG_2447.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2448.JPG
    IMG_2448.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2449.JPG
    IMG_2449.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2450.JPG
    IMG_2450.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2453.JPG
    IMG_2453.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2454.JPG
    IMG_2454.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 2
That T fitting....it looks like a valve. did you remove the parts? If you did, then what you need to buy is a hose AND a valve. They can be separate and you can screw them together then attach to your regulator and burner...

They hose you have is crimped onto the valve and made as one piece. You do not have to go back with the exact same valve and hose. They make them with male and female threaded ends so you can just screw them together. Go look around on the tejas smoker site I posted, or call someone at tejas and they will help you.

Yes i did remove all parts

now i have only hose and now i can see the basic hose i will need yes your also right i cannot remove anymore as its all been crimped as one

is it not possible to buy the same one i have for 8ft as i cannot find our same one anywhere without using adaptors

will i need a higher PSI hose if i am using 8ft/10ft vs only the 3ft it came with?

very grateful for everyone help i very new to all this sorry for all questions i just really dont wanna get anything wrong as i know its gas can be very dangerous

i have been looking everywhere but i havent really found our same one

i had a reply now back manufacturer

they now write

qcc-1 / type-1 and 1/8

The hose you have is not standard. It is likely made by a company and provided with the burner they sell. You do not have to use it. Buy a new valve and a new hose and be done with it. But reuse the orifice fitting. put it back in the burner.

No, you will not need a higher PSI hose when going to 8ft. the pressure drop is at the valve so if the hose is rated for the pressure stated on the regulator, then it can handle the pressure coming out of the valve.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky