• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Anyone have this Crazy Smoker?

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Stumbled across this propane smoker. A Pressure Smoker that has no Smoke Vent. Supposed to cook Lightning Fast. Anyone have one?...JJ

1603291526691.png

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
From the descriptions, all the companies cookers are built from 10 gauge steel. Pretty heavy stuff. Their Propane Grill/Smoker is uniquely built as well. A very different Burner Concept...JJ

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
It's supposed to hold 9 Racks of Ribs. Watching some Videos, it looks ikebana it cooks fine but not much of a Crisp, Dry Bark. Could be wrong as there is not much out there. The Pressure Smoker doesn't suit my needs but, their Grill Smoker might suit...JJ

bill1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 25, 2015
It's a pressure cooker, so it needs heavy-gauge steel to keep the walls from bowing and leaking. I've been interested in these things and the small kitchen-size pressure cookers with a small filament-heated chip tray inside as well. Nothing helps drive the diffusion process of getting smoke molecules into your meat like establishing a pressure gradient so this must be an incredible way to smoke.

However it also drives the steam into your meat faster too, essentially reducing cooking times by the same amount. So if your goal is to cook slow but get a lot more smoke flavoring as you do it, this may not help you. But if you want to speed up both the smoke time and the cook time, this is the way to go.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.