Anyone have this Crazy Smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2011
Stumbled across this propane smoker. A Pressure Smoker that has no Smoke Vent. Supposed to cook Lightning Fast. Anyone have one?...JJ

1603291526691.png

Reactions: muhkuhmuh
From the descriptions, all the companies cookers are built from 10 gauge steel. Pretty heavy stuff. Their Propane Grill/Smoker is uniquely built as well. A very different Burner Concept...JJ

It's supposed to hold 9 Racks of Ribs. Watching some Videos, it looks ikebana it cooks fine but not much of a Crisp, Dry Bark. Could be wrong as there is not much out there. The Pressure Smoker doesn't suit my needs but, their Grill Smoker might suit...JJ

It's a pressure cooker, so it needs heavy-gauge steel to keep the walls from bowing and leaking. I've been interested in these things and the small kitchen-size pressure cookers with a small filament-heated chip tray inside as well. Nothing helps drive the diffusion process of getting smoke molecules into your meat like establishing a pressure gradient so this must be an incredible way to smoke.

However it also drives the steam into your meat faster too, essentially reducing cooking times by the same amount. So if your goal is to cook slow but get a lot more smoke flavoring as you do it, this may not help you. But if you want to speed up both the smoke time and the cook time, this is the way to go.

I have one, purchased second hand from a BBQ joint in SoCal. They said they simply couldn't get the volume they wanted out of it, but otherwise loved it. I love it so far. It's an amazing tool to have in the arsenal. Compared to something like a treager its got the upper hand in terms of efficiency and time. I use less than a cup of wood chips. Flavors have been out of this world. I can't complain about texture either. Just got it this week. I have done two hickory smoked whole chickens with pale ale in the percolator and the fabled 4 racks of ribs on apple wood with apple juice in the percolator. Chicken was surprisingly crispy on the outside and super tender everywhere. The ribs got great reviews from my family and 3 friends. I'm no pit master, but will continue to experiment with it.

Overall it's different than anything I've tried, but it has potential to make amazing food. Its NOT a bomb, the pressure inside is more like a breathing mechanism constantly oscillating between positive and negative low pressures. It so sturdy, it could double as a safe with the right lock. Its HEAVY, but has good wheels. Ill continue to experiment. Hope this helps if you're considering it. If you have questions, let me know.
Sad to tell you as you are new.
The original poster passed away last year.

• Sad
Reactions: jonthrondarkness
Just the opposite...another chance to remember departed friends. Every time I grab one of my Dad's hand tools I think of him.
Regardless of one's beliefs on immortality, etc, there's some truth in the biblical saying: "Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them."

It's good to remember the Departed and their works...their skills, handiwork, hobbies, sayings and writings. And pass it on--I tell my grandkids "what my grandpa used to say was..."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky