another set of Dino Bones with some Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
icon_cool.gif

Well it's been awhile since I have smoked some for you folks so here you go. I felt like some spare ribs and had some the easiest thing to do is smoke some. Well there's no prep shots or smoking pics but the wife got one pic in and told me I was losing it. So here's a peak at the spares covered with the wife fav mustard sauce. Now they were done with the 3-1.5-.45 method for we like alittle pull to our ribs. I really don't like to trim my ribs or cut them into st. Louis style I like the whole 9 yards with all the parts still there.

Now we can move onto the beef Dino bones. Now theses are beef long bone short ribs. I split the rack for easier handling down the road. I just used alittle bit of my mixture of Old Bay and brown sugar. and then it's into the smoker for the first leg of they journey to our plates. 

They are some nice ribs with a good amount of marbling and about 2" or so thick.

Now alittle bit of sizing for you. We had some good pull back on the ribs. Now I smoked them at 250°ish and did the full 3-2.5  I have found that theses ribs do better by temp but I did keep the first couple of steps on ribs going. Then I pulled them about  205° and this is what they came out like of course after spending the hour in the cooler. Theses things were really yummO

Here's another closer look with something to size them with

Now thanks for stopping in and taking a look at a couple of my smokes. So now all that's let is to eat. The ribs are really juicy and quite tasty too.

Now how did I get it on my forehead. But But I'm hungry........can we eat now...

Dino bone ???? thats a dang prime rib around here!  nice grub Mark thanks for sharing.

Mark, what an awesome qview with how to eat dino's bones. Should this be a WIKI? I really, really wish I had 1 or 2 of those dino bones!!

Spares look great also.

Care to give info on the mustard sauce?

Nice Qview  Fred Flintstone  Mark!!!

That stuff is AWESOME !!!!!

Those are my favorite ribs, and you made them just right!

Thanks,

Bear

4418edea_Flinstoneribs.jpg

Looking good!

Can't find dinos like that around here.

Mark, those are some killer looking ribs. Around here, I can't find Dino ribs that have that much meat on them. Congrats on a great smoke, and thanks for sharing the Q. It's all good my friend. 

Wish they had Beef Ribs like those around here, never seen any that big before... They look great...

Nice Qview  Fred Flintstone  Mark!!!

That stuff is AWESOME !!!!!

Those are my favorite ribs, and you made them just right!

Thanks,

Bear

4418edea_Flinstoneribs.jpg
I was thinking the exact same thing - man I wish I could find some of those around here

icon_cool.gif

Well thanks for all the kind words and yes they are really good. I buy theses at Restaurant Depot and they are called short ribs they just have long bones. But I really like them too and thats the only place that I have seen them. 

Wow, did you really wait till 205 internal to pull them off the smoker
PDT_Armataz_01_13.gif

a4a4cfc9_PrimeBone017.jpg

That's prime rib, baby!! I either smoke these or roll them around on a hot grill, but never more than 140 degrees internal.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

icon_cool.gif

Now flash I tried to smoke theses things at the 3-2-1 method and they came out all tough and stuff. Then I tried it with a thermo meter and took them to 205° and they were nice and tender an juicy so thats why I stuck to this method. 

icon_cool.gif

Now flash I tried to smoke theses things at the 3-2-1 method and they came out all tough and stuff. Then I tried it with a thermo meter and took them to 205° and they were nice and tender an juicy so thats why I stuck to this method. 

Juicy is right! Man those things look killer. Id eat them the same way you did. Grab ahold of that half a dinosaur and dig in! Nice looking ribs!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky