Another One Off the List...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Ever since Steve H Steve H posted about a recipe he grew up eating that his mom made, I've been wanting to make it myself.
Only problem I had was I was out of kraut , but I had some fermenting. I felt that the proper way to honor this recipe and those involved was to wait until my kraut was ready. It is ready and so was I...
20220420_144428[1].jpg

Seasoned the pork exactly like Steve's recipe and browned...
20220420_150225[1].jpg

Slightly mashed the whole tomatoes with a potato masher (I've got one, Steve :emoji_wink:) and combined all the ingredients...
20220420_154651[1].jpg

Baked at 325℉ for an hour covered, then 30 more minutes uncovered...
20220420_173548[1].jpg

Served with homemade mashed potatoes...
20220420_180322[1].jpg

The flavors were fantastic and the meal was a hit. I just hope that I did it justice and it tasted like Steve remembered it. This will stay on the list, thank you Steve...

Ever since Steve H Steve H posted about a recipe he grew up eating that his mom made, I've been wanting to make it myself.
Only problem I had was I was out of kraut , but I had some fermenting. I felt that the proper way to honor this recipe and those involved was to wait until my kraut was ready. It is ready and so was I...
View attachment 629835

Seasoned the pork exactly like Steve's recipe and browned...
View attachment 629836

Slightly mashed the whole tomatoes with a potato masher (I've got one, Steve :emoji_wink:) and combined all the ingredients...
View attachment 629837

Baked at 325℉ for an hour covered, then 30 more minutes uncovered...
View attachment 629838

Served with homemade mashed potatoes...
View attachment 629839

The flavors were fantastic and the meal was a hit. I just hope that I did it justice and it tasted like Steve remembered it. This will stay on the list, thank you Steve...
Thank you Charles. I think you did this beautifully. And I appreciate your thoughts.

Wow! I don't know how I missed Steve H Steve H post back in March. Thanks Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke for bringing it back.
My mother made a version of this when I was growing up and us four boys Tore It Up!!! It was definitely one of our favorite meals.
I just pulled a tenderloin out of the freezer and will be having this tomorrow.
Thanks guys for bringing back this wonderful memory.

Reactions: Steve H
Well slap me silly!! This is another one that's been on my list that I've not done yet. You certainly did that justice Charles. That looks fantastic my friend and it appears that you did Steve proud recreating it. Very well done sir...and may I have seconds please?? :emoji_laughing:

Robert

What a great cook! From what I see you did that recipe justice, beautiful and looks so tasty! It’s on my ever growing list too, I think you just bumped it up again!!!! Points for sure!

Made my mouth water when Steve made it and now again! I’ll have to do this at some point!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky