Another Newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdawg

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Oregon
Hi all, been lurking around and felt I should join. Im just getting started, only have a lil' chief and have been making jerky. I have also been using the lil' chief to smoke chicken before putting it on the charcoal grill. Im having fun and really starting to enjoy this. I am looking at purchasing something else bigger, maybe a smoke hollow since they are sold here locally. Anyways just thought I would say hi...

jdawg, Welcome. There has been a lot of meat smoked on a little chief, and darn good tasting meat too. When you step up to a bigger smoker there will be a whole new world of smoking opened up to you.

Hang on, it will be one enjoyable ride my friend.

Welcome to SMF !

The bigger you get the bigger you want.

Welcome jdawg to SMF and were glad to have you aboard. Join in and share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite.

The Qveiw

welcome1.gif

Joe

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF. There are a lot of very friendly & knowledgeable folks here to help you. I urge you to sign up for the free E-course. It will give you the basics, & even if you are an experienced smoker you may learn something new. Then start asking questions. Good luck & glad to have you aboard. Don't forget we all love Qview!    

Just got home with my smoke hollow no.3. Got it put together and getting it seasoned now.

Good to know you're out of the closet, and into the limelight of the SMF. It's all good my friend.

welcome1.gif
 to SMF jdawg! I'm glad you joined us.
yahoo.gif
 You will find this a great place for increasing your BBQ knowledge
grilling_smilie.gif
, from a bunch of great people. Have fun and Happy Smoking.      
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Ok so I officially have my first smoke going. Got the smoke hollow seasoned the other night. Today I have my first smoke going, a pork roast. I seasoned it and wrapped in plastic wrap and now have it sitting in the smoker at 225F. I'm excited and nervous both. Here comes the learning. Thanks all for the welcome.

Wish me luck.

I should mention I have a back up for dinner, I've got a flank steak ready for the grill just incase. Terrible of me huh? But the wife invited the inlaws over for dinner, so...... I guess either way we will something to eat.

Congrats on the Smokey Hollow!  Sounds like you've got a great start, good luck!  doesn't hurt to have a plan b when company's coming. I bet it comes out great!  Cheers!
beercheer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky