Another newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

falsecast

Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
Hey all,new to the site [pretty cool]live in  N.J. and work in N.Y.C. .Haven't smoked in about 12 years for one reason or another,but my brother gave me a MASTER CRAFT 2dr propane unit for Christmas and I am stoked.Monday i set it up w door gaskets, burned them

in and seasoned it w/hickory  at around 250-300 for about an hour each.Used Jeff's rib rub on some spare and baby back ribs and got things ready. Unfortuneatly it was dark , about 15 and pretty windy ,BUT   I was determined.Used a mix of apple&hickory chips and chunks and surprisingly had it up to 220/225 in no time[and it pretty much stayed in the 225/240 zone the whole time]Put the ribs in expecting a 5/6 hour smoke but on the 3rd chip change, about 4hrs.,noticed they were looking pretty much done, stuck in a meat thermometer and sure enough 175/180... oops  a little over done.But that's what it's all about i guess =never stop learning/tweaking this an that...kinda like fishing or hunting in a way...and i think this site will be a big help in doing that .Looking forward to posting some more sessions and pickin up alot of tips along the way....thanks!       

Welcome to SMF. There are a lot of real knowledgeable & friendly folks on here willing to help you. Also lots of recipes & tips. You need to go to the roll call section & introduce yourself & tell us a little about you, your smoker, & your experience. Looking forward to your future posts & Q-view.

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

GO GATORS  

Welcome to smf. Thats the fun of smoking i think is learning as you go and you have come to the right place for sure.There are alot of great people here that are willing to help! good luck

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome To SMF False Cast !!!

I see by you moniker that you are a fly fisherman.

Join us in chat some evening we talk hunting and fishing too.

Welcome to SMF - glad to have you on board. Looking forward to seeing your qview

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky