AMNS question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

canned smoke

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 1, 2005
Kansas
OK, I just placed my order for the AMNS today to improve my MES 40. I was just thinking afterwards, can you half load with dust and it still work like it's suppose to or do you have to fully load it and then just snuff it when you are done adding smoke?

Both ways work. My personal preference is to fully load it - I keep an old spoon to scoop out the unused dust. The reason I do that is that a smoke can sometimes take longer than you think and if I am fully loaded I have enough dust already loaded

Good Question....

I do the same thing as Scar.  I fill mine up with more sawdust than I need.

A good "rule of Thumb" is 4" per hour during cold smoking and 6" per hour during hot smoking.

Todd

Good Question....

I do the same thing as Scar.  I fill mine up with more sawdust than I need.

A good "rule of Thumb" is 4" per hour during cold smoking and 6" per hour during hot smoking.

Todd

X3

Last edited:
Sounds good, thanks guys. I bought 6x8, 5 pounds of cherry dust, and a Maverick ET-732. Dropped $105 but it was free shipping so the little woman can't be too POed can she?
wife.gif
biggrin.gif

Sounds good, thanks guys. I bought 6x8, 5 pounds of cherry dust, and a Maverick ET-732. Dropped $105 but it was free shipping so the little woman can't be too POed can she?
wife.gif
biggrin.gif
Once she tastes the food all will be forgiven

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky