AMNS question

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by canned smoke, Mar 1, 2011.

1. canned smoke

canned smoke Fire Starter SMF Premier Member

OK, I just placed my order for the AMNS today to improve my MES 40. I was just thinking afterwards, can you half load with dust and it still work like it's suppose to or do you have to fully load it and then just snuff it when you are done adding smoke?

2. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Both ways work. My personal preference is to fully load it - I keep an old spoon to scoop out the unused dust. The reason I do that is that a smoke can sometimes take longer than you think and if I am fully loaded I have enough dust already loaded

3. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good Question....

I do the same thing as Scar.  I fill mine up with more sawdust than I need.

A good "rule of Thumb" is 4" per hour during cold smoking and 6" per hour during hot smoking.

Todd

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

X3

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  5. canned smoke

canned smoke Fire Starter SMF Premier Member

Sounds good, thanks guys. I bought 6x8, 5 pounds of cherry dust, and a Maverick ET-732. Dropped $105 but it was free shipping so the little woman can't be too POed can she? [​IMG] [​IMG]  

6. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Once she tastes the food all will be forgiven