amazin pellet smoker vs tube smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, but, umm........ahh..... mine is shinier and more true... lol

Yeah, but mine goes to '11'. :xrocker:

I'm a huge fan of the A-MAZE-N Pellet Smoker (AMNPS). I first used it last year and just loved it. However, twice it failed to remain lit but it could have been user error. But it's very user friendly--and I usually never use all the pellets I lay out.

The most important thing to consider is this: Todd Johnson (the inventer and company owner) is THE best customer service guy you'll ever do business with. He stands behind his products 1000% and will do his best to keep you a happy and repeat customer. You ask other people in these forums and they'll share my high opinion of Todd.

I talked to Todd and I decided to go with the standard pellet smoker.
That was a good choice.

I helped Todd experiment with all of his outstanding inventions (starting years ago), and in my opinion the Tube smoker puts out too heavy a smoke for the MES 30 or 40.

The AMNS is perfect for smokes under 200 degrees (sawdust).

And the AMNPS is perfect with pellets at any temp that an MES can produce.

Bear

That was a good choice.

I helped Todd experiment with all of his outstanding inventions (starting years ago), and in my opinion the Tube smoker puts out too heavy a smoke for the MES 30 or 40.

The AMNS is perfect for smokes under 200 degrees (sawdust).

And the AMNPS is perfect with pellets at any temp that an MES can produce.

Bear
Yea I now have the dust and pellet models, and the Q mats.

Where can I get one of these by weds so I can season it for smoking a turkey on thurs ? My smoker isn't consistant with keeping chip going. Thx.

Where can I get one of these by weds so I can season it for smoking a turkey on thurs ? My smoker isn't consistant with keeping chip going. Thx.
Click on the business card at the bottom of the page. The one that says "A-Maze-N-Smoker".

Todd will get it to you in very little time. Get some Hickory Pellets, along with other kinds---They burn best----Just about all I use.

Bear

Well, I talked to Todd today and he recommended the Tube since I want to use it on a charcoal grill and charcoal fueled smoker.

He said the tray was developed for electric smokers.

Since I may have an air flow issue, he suggested I try the tube and let him know if I have problems.

Well, I talked to Todd today and he recommended the Tube since I want to use it on a charcoal grill and charcoal fueled smoker.

He said the tray was developed for electric smokers.

Since I may have an air flow issue, he suggested I try the tube and let him know if I have problems.
That sounds like a wise decision, but I expect no less from "The Man" himself!!!

Bear

I'm contemplating getting an Amazin Pellet smoker I have a traeger Texas Grill and want to do some cold smoking. Where is the best place to place it on the smoker. Underneath on the drip tray or on the grill

I've got the AMNPS and I buy all my wood pellets from Todd. Just bought some QMATZ before Xmas. Looking forward to using them when  I smoke cheeses and salmon in my MES 30.

First thing first, never, ever, compare the Bradley digital to the Bradley original. I used a Bradley original for three years and never looked back. Best purchase I ever made and I never once complained about the cost or availability of biscuits. That one got stolen and the Wife bought me a MES. Problem with the MES is you have to by AMZN products or the add on cold smoke kit. I will like this MES because of the added tech, but you just cant bash Bradley, They are good and you get the best of both worlds.

And BTW, I am only hanging in there with the MES because of the high reputation of Todd, sounds like he and his products are second to none. This is an amazing website that I have used for years to look up info and recipes. If that many people get behind one guy, You just have to believe in him yourself........amnts orderd.

Last edited:

First thing first, never, ever, compare the Bradley digital to the Bradley original. I used a Bradley original for three years and never looked back. Best purchase I ever made and I never once complained about the cost or availability of biscuits. That one got stolen and the Wife bought me a MES. Problem with the MES is you have to by AMZN products or the add on cold smoke kit. I will like this MES because of the added tech, but you just cant bash Bradley, They are good and you get the best of both worlds.

And BTW, I am only hanging in there with the MES because of the high reputation of Todd, sounds like he and his products are second to none. This is an amazing website that I have used for years to look up info and recipes. If that many people get behind one guy, You just have to believe in him yourself........amnts orderd.
I've complimented Todd on his company and outstanding customer service for 3 years. Even though I can source some of the stuff he sells--like wood pellets--other places I choose to buy from him to support his business.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky