all MES model numbers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
20070910 black door/no window,

800 watt heating element,

yes access door  

half chip tray

I'm ordering the Smoker Retro Kit today.  I can't make smoke at less that 250. 
Thanks LazyDavid. I updated the List with your information.

Last edited:
I need all the 30'' MES owners input. The newer models have the meat probe. I need to find out which ones do and don't so I can update the list.

Thanks

965b277a_005-105r.jpg

My MES 30 was purchased a few months ago.

20070910 black door/no window.

800 watt heating element.

Yes it has an access door.  

Half chip tray .

No meat probe.

I haven't used the chip tray. Got an AMS when I bought the smoker.

I will prolly get the chip tray kit and try it out as the AMS gets a little grumpy at higher temps.

EDIT

I just called and they were very nice and will be shipping the free kit.

She also told me to stop by and check out the scratch and dent sale they have.

Told me I could get a 40 at a great price.

Also told me that the new 40 wireless parts are not interchangeable.

Last edited:
My MES 30 was purchased a few months ago.

20070910 black door/no window.

800 watt heating element.

Yes it has an access door.  

Half chip tray .

No meat probe.

I haven't used the chip tray. Got an AMS when I bought the smoker.

I will prolly get the chip tray kit and try it out as the AMS gets a little grumpy at higher temps.

EDIT

I just called and they were very nice and will be shipping the free kit.

She also told me to stop by and check out the scratch and dent sale they have.

Told me I could get a 40 at a great price.

Also told me that the new 40 wireless parts are not interchangeable.
Thanks for the you model number information.

Looks like to me that the meat probe and the internal light could have been options only on the 30'' with the window.

Not for certain that is the fact.

Also thanks for the information you found out  about the wireless controller and remote.

I've noticed that some of the new 40 inch models have a remote controller and also have wheels.

Do you have room to insert that info when available?

They're there under 40"

20070211 SS door/with window, black body,1200 Watt heating element,remote control,wheels/handle,with heating element access door,small wood chip tray

20070311 SS door/with window,SS body,1200 Watt heating element,remote control,wheels/handle,with heating element access door,small wood chip tray
I've noticed that some of the new 40 inch models have a remote controller and also have wheels.

Do you have room to insert that info when available?

Thanks Ryan. 

I missed seeing those two -- looked at the first few and last few and did not see the feature mentioned.

I guess that maybe it is only those two models that have the remote and wheels?

The model number listed at the closest Sam's to me is 20070810.

Thanks Ryan. 

I missed seeing those two -- looked at the first few and last few and did not see the feature mentioned.

I guess that maybe it is only those two models that have the remote and wheels?

The model number listed at the closest Sam's to me is 20070810.
The only models that have the RF remote and wheels are. I have listed the best places to find them and the prices as of right now.

40'' 20070211 available at Sam's club $289
40'' 20070311 available at Cabelas $399

30'' 20070411 available at Bass pro shop back Friday sale $179

20070511 (remembered "511" as last three digits of model number, am taking the rest of the model number from the list above) 30" all black without window, 800  watt heating element with access door (Model Number plate said max 800w input so that means 800w element I am assuming), full size wood chip tray, 1/2 size wood chip loader, built-in meat probe with a push button on the control panel to see the temperature, seen in Lowe's store.

I just got the 20070511 black 30"...no window, 1/2 chip loader, 800w, small access door

This model does have the meat probe. $150 @ Lowes.  Found this site researching smokers ...very good site bty.  You guys convinced me about the electric smoker.
I need all the 30'' MES owners input. The newer models have the meat probe. I need to find out which ones do and don't so I can update the list.

Thanks

965b277a_005-105r.jpg

I just got the 20070511 black 30"...no window, 1/2 chip loader, 800w, small access door

This model does have the meat probe. $150 @ Lowes.  Found this site researching smokers ...very good site bty.  You guys convinced me about the electric smoker.
Welcome to SMF Ricky & congrats on the new smoker, we'll be looking forward to watching your smoking adventures. Would you head on over to roll call & introduce yourself so we can all give you a SMF welcome. Thank-you.

I just pyrchased the MES 30 at Lowes 20070511 which has the meat probe built in.

Lrg chip tray, 800 watts, all Blk no window.

Reactions: texacajun
20070910 black door/no window, 800 watt heating element, with heating element access door, small wood chip tray

That is interesting.  The last two I got from Amazon had full woodchip trays.  Didn't get a chance to check the heating element though

In the 3rd one I will be getting, I will double check.
20070910 black door/no window,

800 watt heating element,

yes access door  

half chip tray

I'm ordering the Smoker Retro Kit today.  I can't make smoke at less that 250. 

I just pyrchased the MES 30 at Lowes 20070511 which has the meat probe built in.

Lrg chip tray, 800 watts, all Blk no window.
I thought mine had the small tray but after this post I'm not sure. I just went by the loader, it had the 

"cover" over half of it. Mine holds 1 cup of chips. How wide is the wide one? Mine is 7 3/4" wide.

That sounds like the large chip tray, my MES40 tray is only about 4" wide...JJ

I thought mine had the small tray but after this post I'm not sure. I just went by the loader, it had the 

"cover" over half of it. Mine holds 1 cup of chips. How wide is the wide one? Mine is 7 3/4" wide.

The only difference between the small and the large chip tray is that the small one has a spot welded in plug covering half of it.

If yours is 7 3/4" wide, then yours is the large tray. The small one is only about half that wide. You can also tell by looking at the tray slot after you remove the chip tray. If there is no plate covering the heating element with the "chip tray" removed then it has been converted to the large tray.

The only difference between the small and the large chip tray is that the small one has a spot welded in plug covering half of it.
You are confusing the chip tray with the chip loader. It is the "chip loader" that has the plate spot welded over most of it.

Do they make a large chip tray, or do you have to remove the insert yourself?

See response to other quotes above. Yes they do make a large "chip tray" but, no, last time I checked with MES they do not make a larger "chip loader" you have to modify it yourself. They don't want to make a bigger one because they don't want people to overload the "chip tray", as most people think that if it has a big loader why not just fill it up all the way. That can causer heat control problems as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky