Air fryers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
I know this may be outside the general boundaries. However, you all like to cook (at least outside) We are looking at replacing our oil fryer with an air fryer. The T-Fal Active is the leading contender. Comments pro and con.

I have a Nuwave 6 quart. Which I like quite a bit. Though the controls could be more user friendly. The T-fal has a neat stirring feature which would be helpful for veggies and fries. But when you remove it so you can use it for meats you have that hump in the middle that, to me anyway, could be a inconvenience with removing something delicate like fish. I've also been looking at the Emeril's air fryer ever since Bear posted a review on it.

We have the cuisinart.Love it so far.

Since there's only two of us we went with the smaller model.

I've got a cuisnart. Definitely a learning curve to them. Love frozen foods in them like nuggets, fries, etc but when it comes to cooking in them I'd take my oil all da . Dr doesnt like it but you cant compare fried fish in an air fryer and some on oil

I have a air frier. Not big enough for a 3 person family. I need a big one. For use we have to cook many batches.

I've been looking at the Corsori. Its a bit bigger than the 360 and has some good reviews though nowhere near as many overall as the 360. 1800 watt. Also has a 2 yr warranty versus 90 days. The downside is that as of yet they're not selling accessories, trays, pans etc. I've got a question in re that with Corsori if they will in the near future. Its $180 right now with the $20 Amazon coupon but from a comment in the reviews it was $160 in Oct. I'll be keeping an eye on it Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Last edited:
Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I've been looking at the Corsori. Its a bit bigger than the 360 and has some good reviews though nowhere near as many overall as the 360. 1800 watt. Also has a 2 yr warranty versus 90 days. The downside is that as of yet they're not selling accessories, trays, pans etc. I've got a question in re that with Corsori if they will in the near future. Its $180 right now with the $20 Amazon coupon but from a comment in the reviews it was $160 in Oct. I'll be keeping an eye on it Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

I can honestly say that the Cosori Air Fryer/ Toaster Oven is a darn good at what it does.
The 1800 watts is what did it for me as opposed to 1500 watts.
Luckily, I caught it on sale too.
Hopefully, they will have a BF/CM deal.

Reactions: Norwester55

In case you have not checked lately, Amazon dropped the price to $169.99

I can honestly say that the Cosori Air Fryer/ Toaster Oven is a darn good at what it does.
The 1800 watts is what did it for me as opposed to 1500 watts.
Luckily, I caught it on sale too.
Hopefully, they will have a BF/CM deal.

I stayed away from the 1800W model of the #360, because the guy who wired my 18 year old house was a Jerk, and my 1500W is my limit.
However The 1500W Unit has been plenty for anything I tried to do in it.

Bear

Last edited:
I stayed away from the 1800W model of the #360, because the guy who wired my 18 year old house was a Jerk, and my 1500W is my limit.
However The 1500W Unit has been plenty for anything I tried to do in it.

Bear

I hear ya Bear.

The 1800W is probably overkill anyway.

In case you have not checked lately, Amazon dropped the price to $169.99

I bought it a few weeks ago and you're right it does everything well. Sister was looking for one at the time too and she bought the Cosori after checking mine out. So far other than reheating and little stuff I've done chicken wings, pizza, dehydrated tomato's and rotisseried a boneless turkey breast. I'm happy with it!
IMG_20191128_135252.jpg

I bought it a few weeks ago and you're right it does everything well. Sister was looking for one at the time too and she bought the Cosori after checking mine out. So far other than reheating and little stuff I've done chicken wings, pizza, dehydrated tomato's and rotisseried a boneless turkey breast. I'm happy with it!

I am glad you like it.
Yes, there are some very minor drawbacks but those are outweighed by the unit's versatility.
My wife and I were really torn between the Cosori and the 360. The interiors look identical.
The Cosori won out because of the 1800 watts and if I remember correctly, the enterior is a tad larger.
In the end though, both air fryers are winners.
I am thankful too that Bearcarver posts about his 360 because they are super informative to me.
Pizza, dehydrating, and the rotisserie are all still on the to do list.

Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky