Advice Please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just use oven cleaner my wife picks up at the $.99 store. Does a good job on getting the gunk off the racks. The buildup of grease on the inside I look upon as being seasoning.

Hey, Bob! Welcome to all of our back yards!

I generally clean my racks and the body of my smokers with an orange based cleaner. Then I wash the racks again in Dawn. I don't get too fussy with the grease pan except to empty it and wash it out a bit with hot water.

Hope this helps!
Cheers!
Monty

Monty and Gary,

Thanks for the quick tips.

BTW: Ribs I did over the fourth were delicious!!

Over the 4th, I modified my propane smoker with a Ranco ETC controller and a solenoid to keep the temp dead on 220F plus or minus whatever diff I want. Works like a charm. No more worrying about long cook times and lack of water in the pan to control temp.

I am starting to get interested in purchasing a wood/ charcoal / pellet smoker. I am looking to spend $500 or so.
what does everyone recomend?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky