Added a new lady to the group

Discussion in 'Wood Smokers' started by cbucher, Jul 17, 2008.

1. cbucher

cbucher Meat Mopper

I found this smoker on Craigslist and couldn't pass it up. The wife gave me her blessing and I bought it on my way home from work today.

Tell me what ya think of her. I don't have a name yet though.

2. cbucher

cbucher Meat Mopper

Fixed it, sorry.

3. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Man that thing looks solid! A little elbow grease and some TLC and you got a great rig!! Wish I was so lucky!!

4. cbucher

cbucher Meat Mopper

The metal is 5/16 everywhere. The old man I got it from said it was 20 something years old. It has been sitting in his barn for a while and he couldn't get it in his back yard so he needed to sell it.

5. cbucher

cbucher Meat Mopper

Going to start that tomorrow.

6. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice one cbucher. [​IMG]

7. eaglewing

eaglewing Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Cool...you know when your done you will be proud of it for sure...

it is amazing what that high temp black paint will do to what looks like a rust bucket...

The one I just refurbished, I used a pressure washer on it...sprayed the rust with a good acid remover...scrubbed it with wire brush and when that pressure washer hit it, it almost shined!!!..LOL, then on went the paint...

8. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Perty neat lookin rig yall got ya there. I don't know bout a name, kinda reminds me of them old time steam engines, maybe call it "Chug"?

9. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I am sooo jealous too! Ditto, Ditto, Ditto

10. sweethanky

sweethanky Fire Starter

not bad dude i'll be over when i get out of work

11. vince

vince StickBurners SMF Premier Member

Very nice smoker

12. tbucher1218

tbucher1218 Smoke Blower

I kept watching outside for you, figured you would come by on your lunch break lol[​IMG]

13. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice lookin rig, What did ya have to shell out for it? Just wonderin. [​IMG]

I bet you will have fun fillin that bad boy up with food. Better call the butcher![​IMG]

14. daddio

daddio Meat Mopper

good find should be a good one for years to come,i got one listed on craigslist too i sure wished i could move.

15. cbucher

cbucher Meat Mopper

Thanks for all the kind words. She cost me $800. Right now she has been re-seasoning for about 3 hours. I have a few tweaks that need to be done after watching her for a while, but she is gonna get loaded tomorrow anyway,LOL.

16. 1894

1894 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Looks great , give that girl a few smokes and let her personality guide you t'wards a name [​IMG]
    Sounds like you've got a great wife too [​IMG]

17. cbucher

cbucher Meat Mopper

Haven't done any real cleaning on the outside just the inside so far.

18. tbucher1218

tbucher1218 Smoke Blower

He has already said he needs a baffle. Test run showed about a 15-20 degree difference from end to end. He is out there priming it now so the smoking can commence. Takes a while to get that baby warmed up

19. cbucher

cbucher Meat Mopper

Gonna have to do a little damper repair also, but she is running good right now. Just having to leave the box door cracked a little.

20. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice score.....................Wish I could find a deal like that around here...........