About me.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spindleboy

Original poster
Apr 12, 2016
Hi everyone:sausage:
Just a little about me.
I retired 10 yrs ago after running my own and my fathers butchers business for over 40 yrs. we were a traditional butchers buying animals from local farms and slaughtered at our local abbotoir. Around 10 pigs a week were processed for bacon and ham. We also made sausage from a recipe handed down from a pork butchers next to our shop around 1890. I am now living most of the time in Portugal, and hoping to start to cure and smoke my own bacon and ham, they don't produce bacon like I am used too. I am going to make my own sausage again from my old recipe. I hope to pick a few brains and if anyone would like to pick my brain, I will try to pass some of my knowledge.

Thanks Malc.

Hello and welcome Malc, sounds like you came to the 

right place.

Altogether we are smarter than one of us individually.

Enjoy.

Ed

Last edited:
Welcome to SMF!

Maybe you could start a sausage thread with that old recipe.

Maybe a bacon & ham thread too.

I think we'd all be interested in that!

Al

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a partly cloudy but nice day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky