A Weekend from Hell

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
Week from hell.

Well, Friday we got up at 5:00 Am and thought we would leave soon, NOT. It was 7:30 before the van was loaded. Then the battery was dead on the van and had to call my buyer of the house around the block for a jump. Off we go 2 ¾ hours late.

Every small town had a restricted speed zone of 35 – 45 mph and further to complicate things the U-Haul was bucking winds and kept us from doing the speed limit.

We had a 7 Pm deadline for the storage shed, no way. At about 8PM and 50 miles out the damn transmission went out and had to be towed. Carol went to the room to drop off the truck and she and Bubba came back for me later. It was late and I was sleeping maybe 1 Am.

Got back to the room and settled in for the night.

Went to the storage thing the next  day and found out the unit was too small and ran out of room. It was already 7:45 and Bubba had to be on the bus at 8:15 and didn’t have his bag so a trip back to the room. 8;15 at the bus station and he barely boarded as it was ready to leave, whew.  

The next day I found 2 guys to unload the rest of the crap 100 dollars  and realized I need a yet a bigger unit, = more money.

Got that done, barley in time to pick up Carol.

Went home and settled in.

The next night I fell down going from the counter to the bed, a whole 5 feet. I rested for 2 days and felt better. Then I fell again and it is worse than the first time and I am in extreme pain again. I will have insurance in 2 days and get some help.

Why am I falling down? My legs are very week and I need to do something to get stronger.

I can’t leave the room without getting lost, very frustrating. I hate it so far.

The transmission was 2,300 OUCH.

Thanks for reading everyone.

Hey Ron , I was feeling a bit blue because on my trip home from a 4 day camping trip Way way back in the hills last Wednesday nite my Motor-home died. Luckily it died just as I pulled into the Canada Tire Store parking lot right in front of their service bay and I was able to coast it right in through the bay door. I was feeling quite smug about the whole thing then the service manager apologized and said that two mechanics quit that morning and one other one called in sick. This left them with only one mechanic left for emergencies. Because I wasn't going to be using my motor-home anytime soon they gave it a low priority.  So 3 days and $400.00 later ( which included a new heavy duty battery @ $149.99) they traced down a loose wire in the ignition switch that was giving me all the trouble. Now that I have read about all your problems I feel much better getting off with just $400 and no sore back. You better buy yourself a gps for the getting lost problem though.

smile.gif

Hey Ron , I was feeling a bit blue because on my trip home from a 4 day camping trip Way way back in the hills last Wednesday nite my Motor-home died. Luckily it died just as I pulled into the Canada Tire Store parking lot right in front of their service bay and I was able to coast it right in through the bay door. I was feeling quite smug about the whole thing then the service manager apologized and said that two mechanics quit that morning and one other one called in sick. This left them with only one mechanic left for emergencies. Because I wasn't going to be using my motor-home anytime soon they gave it a low priority.  So 3 days and $400.00 later ( which included a new heavy duty battery @ $149.99) they traced down a loose wire in the ignition switch that was giving me all the trouble. Now that I have read about all your problems I feel much better getting off with just $400 and no sore back. You better buy yourself a gps for the getting lost problem though.

smile.gif
I bought one yesterday and it either didn't work or I am stupid. Took it back today.

ron, anytime you want to come to the phx area you are always welcome cuz brudda, with you, when it rains....it pours! i hope you settle in and take some time for yourself!

Hey Ron,

Glad to see you made it, what an adventure for sure, sounds like you need to smoke or grill something even if it's a sausage over a burner on the stove!

Gene

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky