A Short Sausage Story, with a Breakfast Ending

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Yesterday I thawed a 3-pack of my Italian sausage and boiled up a little onion and beer for a ten minute soak
DSCN1503.JPG

I grilled all three on the weber over red hot coals, 3 minutes a side, had 1&1/2 of the beer soaked ones one a roll with some horseradish mustard and relish, tater salad too.
DSCN1506.JPG

Waking up to no cigarettes for awhile now I've come to believe that brekky really is the most important meal of the day. I had a few par-boiled red taters so I assembled the cast of characters for a hearty brekky, country fried taters with onion and peppers, leftover sausage from last night, a couple slices of my maple-honey bacon, 3 eggs and some toast and jam.
DSCN1507.JPG

DSCN1508.JPG

The toast got a hair burned but I ate it all anyway, Thanks for lookin'! RAY

Looks like a mighty fine breakfast to me. Thanks for sharing

looks like a hearty and tasty breakfast Ray, I actually like burnt toast, but I also like burnt pizza, hotdogs etc. i'm just weird that way. congrats on the no smoking maybe some day i'll smarten to!!

Another fine looking breakfast plate ray. I'm thinking a nap would be needed. Good job helping out the breakfast section.

Ryan

Ray looks good Congrats on the quitting smoking,I quit the butts almost 20 years ago still grab a cigar now and then.
Richie

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Congrats on no longer being a 'butthead", keep up the good work with it. The raise both financially & physically you'll really like. Food looks good too.

Ray, that is nothing short of a fantastic looking countrified breakfast!! My kind of weekend meal for sure. Never thought about Italian sausage for breakfast but why the Hell not? Now you got me thinking about spicy Italian sausage gravy and biscuits.

Here I go again....
Robert

As said this habit can cause an expansion of the waist line as mine did after I stopped over 30 years ago.
But still a great looking cook.

Warren

Thank y'all for the kind comments and likes, I truly appreciate them. I've gained about four pounds the last two and a half weeks, tho it's not from bacon and sausage. About every night after dinner I have a Blue Bunny, loaded with chocolate chips and calories. Who's kidding who, anything that's fun is bad for you. RAY

Who's kidding who, anything that's fun is bad for you.

Not necessarily true. A hot, steamy, active, intimate relationship with a person of the opposite sex is very good for you. Keeps you active and burns off a LOT of calories....1000 of them per incident as a matter of fact, or so I read in some medical journal :emoji_wink: Just about anything else though, I gotta agree with you Ray. For me it was an ice cream cone every night. That lasted for several years but blessedly I don't ever gain weight, no matter what I eat or how much of it. Still though, I backed off and now it's 2 Girl Scout cookies each evening that I share with the puppy.

Robert

Time Robert, can and will change circumstances for just about everything in life. Check out this thread I posted here over five years back, I was 63 and a buddy and I dragged this hog out of a canyon on a 95º day, it was pretty darned tough to do at 63. Now I'm over 68, weigh about the same, and I'd be dammed scared to have to do that again. We all learn, one way or another, what our limitations are as time passes. I know if I'm fortunate enough to live to 75 I won't be able to do some of the things I can right now, that's life. RAY

I know what you mean Ray. I'll be 57 next Friday and can certainly see the difference from even 5 years ago. My heart still says I'm 25, cock-strong, and bulletproof. My mind (and body unfortunately) tell a totally different story. All things considered though, I'd rather be slowly declining than experience the inevitable alternative. I live a good life, am very happy, and have some really good friends to share experiences with. A lot of these things I was not able to do when I was 25 due to financial constraints. It's a fair trade-off as far as I'm concerned :emoji_wink:

Robert

Yep, money is a great equalizer. My wife says to go get another wild hog anytime I like, just do it with a guide. Hell, I've whacked right around 70 wild hogs Robert, my friends regarded me as a guide. I'll take my wife's advise, shoot one off the edge of a cliff, look at the kid and just say, "it's down there, go get it". RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky