A Ribeye fit for a Bear (or a Steve)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinstevo27

Master of the Pit
Original poster
 I cooked a nice simple steak tonight. Got a great deal on a thick cut ribeye. The only way I ever season a good cut of steak is with sea salt, coarse pepper and minced garlic. I also did loaded baked taters and sauted zuchini and squash. With a good steak I say the simpler the better. I won't bore you guys with a synopsis because I'm sure I can't tell most of you anything you don't already know about cooking steak. I'm gonna have to enjoy a couple more steaks over the next year because with the stork on the way I think I'll be eating ramen noodles for the next 18 years!

473e1fb8_seasoned.jpg

aaf09c4b_onthegrill.jpg

37b2d113_marked.jpg

4cd11665_medrare.jpg

1a9b9e65_plated.jpg

Reactions: meateater
Ok, I am looking at this post and I see something missing! Where is her steak? You need to make sure you feed her well too!!

Great looking steak Steve

LOL. One of her friends told her that she hated meat for a while during her pregnancy so she has had that in her head all day. It was an eighteen ounce steak so she got a sliver. I'm full but I'm still swiggin my brews.

Ok, I am looking at this post and I see something missing! Where is her steak? You need to make sure you feed her well too!!

Great looking steak Steve

Beautiful steak!  I just caught rib roasts on sale today for $4.77 per pound. 

Cooked us up some beautiful grass-fed ribeyes night before last! came out perfect, had the Elysian IPA and a nice cabernet with them.  Looked a lot like your plate, only swap out mushrooms, garlic and onion for the zucchini! Cheers!

Thanks man! It was like butta.

That does look good. 

Gotta love them deals, judging from your post tonight and your response to mine, you ought to be stocked up on beef for a while. Thanks.

My only regret is I didn't have a different beer to offer the Queen this evening. I am drinking my old stand by Sweetwater IPA. You and I have spooky similar taste in food and booze. I love a glass of cab with beef. Ok, tell me if you like whiskey and if so what type. If we both like blended canadian or Irish then we are long lost relatives. If you like scotch, my theory might not be sound.

Cooked us up some beautiful grass-fed ribeyes night before last! came out perfect, had the Elysian IPA and a nice cabernet with them.  Looked a lot like your plate, only swap out mushrooms, garlic and onion for the zucchini! Cheers!

I doubt it tasted like steak but I sense the force is strong with you. Thanks buddy.

looks good friend. I just licked the screen

Sorry Tom, thats the price you pay for wandering SMF! I'll feed ya if you ever get out my way.

Awesome lookin steak, the only bad thing is the fact that now I am hungry.

That does look good. 

Gotta love them deals, judging from your post tonight and your response to mine, you ought to be stocked up on beef for a while. Thanks.

My only regret is I didn't have a different beer to offer the Queen this evening. I am drinking my old stand by Sweetwater IPA. You and I have spooky similar taste in food and booze. I love a glass of cab with beef. Ok, tell me if you like whiskey and if so what type. If we both like blended canadian or Irish then we are long lost relatives. If you like scotch, my theory might not be sound.

Not so much on the scotch! I was raised on good Canadian whiskey, and love me some Woodford bourbon in my manhattans, but keep Maker's Mark on hand. For my martinis, dry and EXTRA cold with a twist, but I have nothing against the classic olive now and then, with Sapphire or Aviation gin, or Level vodka, when I'm on the top shelf. When I'm under the table, heck, whatta you got?   Mixing vodka - usually Stoli, I prefer it to Grey Goose, go figure.  Tequila? Sauza Conmemorativo for margaritas. Shots? better be the good stuff - Herradura reposado, at a minimum.   Tonight was Stone IPA, the hubby preferred it to the Elysian.  Me, not sure. sipping a nice prosecco at the moment.  But it's Sam Smith Winter Welcome season again and that makes me very happy!  I do a lot of my Christmas shopping at the specialty wine/beer store near my work, and sometimes I get gifts for other people there too....   plus, my little brother was the baby, and had 3 older sisters, so I hear ya on that, too.

I told you, your'e my sista from anotha motha. Crown or Jameson on the rocks are my go to whiskeys. Stoli tastes like vodka, clean but not like water. Woodford is excellent if I go the bourbon route. Negative on the Gin, sorry. I'm with you on the Sauza, have you ever tried Don Julio? It is great tequila kinda like the difference between Stoli and Goose. It tastes like Tequila but it is smooth as silk and actually costs less. I like it on the rocks with a lime wedge. I like blanco myself but will not turn down the aged stuff. If I'm under the table you could hand me a PBR and a shot of Old Crow and I'd be as happy as a Boston Butt in a hickory bath! I hope people don't read this post and think we are alcoholics. LOL, I like to think I'm appreciative of good booze.

That does look good. 

Not so much on the scotch! I was raised on good Canadian whiskey, and love me some Woodford bourbon in my manhattans, but keep Maker's Mark on hand. For my martinis, dry and EXTRA cold with a twist, but I have nothing against the classic olive now and then, with Sapphire or Aviation gin, or Level vodka, when I'm on the top shelf. When I'm under the table, heck, whatta you got?   Mixing vodka - usually Stoli, I prefer it to Grey Goose, go figure.  Tequila? Sauza Conmemorativo for margaritas. Shots? better be the good stuff - Herradura reposado, at a minimum.   Tonight was Stone IPA, the hubby preferred it to the Elysian.  Me, not sure. sipping a nice prosecco at the moment.  But it's Sam Smith Winter Welcome season again and that makes me very happy!  I do a lot of my Christmas shopping at the specialty wine/beer store near my work, and sometimes I get gifts for other people there too....   plus, my little brother was the baby, and had 3 older sisters, so I hear ya on that, too.

hey stevo...   great looking steak.  here is a little tip that I have always done on a great steak to give it a little extra,   spread a little melted butter mixed with good quality soy sauce on before you sprinkle the spices on it.  helps the spices infuse into the meat and adds a great "bark" on top.  just food for thought. 

on the alchohol issue...   here is my 2 cents...  if you want to try a tequila that will suprise you,   try jose quevro "traditional".  100% agave tequilla and its a resaprado.  its well priced and will suprise you.  on the whisky issue here is something to try...   take a shot of crown and a shot of seagrams 7 both on ice and try and tell the difference.  a freind of mine claimed they were made in the same factory with different lables.  personally I think he is full of sh!t but had a really hard time telling the difference.  seagrams is 1/2 the price!!  now for a good scotch try Glenfarclas  my buddy and I get each other a bottle every year for christmas, and we enjoy drinking each bottle together. 

I appreciate many pleasures!, great smoked meat, a good drink, good steak, Beautiful sunset...   all the greats!!

dalton

icon_cool.gif

Nice steak there Steve. I think that I ate that one myself the other night. You just can't hunk a big hunk of red meat.

We love ribeyes here. BGE at 700 for a few minutes.

493ed4bf_steak001.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky