A little rare in the south

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hank2000

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 10, 2015
Louisville, ms
046C251E-D491-4D30-9BB7-9FD6D76218CE.jpeg I live about 12 miles from work left at noon going home this is what the road looked like.

Yep I've been watching this cold air going down there, wondering about how many delicate trees and shrubs and flowers have been hurt. But at least it's keeping those Everglades pythons back.

Yeah this is blizzard for us. Road shut down dew to icing over all schools and local government shut down. Business ether closed or starting latter in the day. Yeah we are pretty much shut down for the next couple of days.

They closed down our office tomorrow also. I'm sleeping in (and still get paid) :cool:

I was looking at the radar and the snow extended way out into the Gulf of Mexico, WOW!!!!!

We got about 3" (which is a BIG deal for us here!)...sure is pretty.

Went like a fool and decided to drive all the way to the Kroger in Opelika JUST to get stone-ground grits and got stuck coming up an iced-over hill coming home...but a VERY kind man who stopped to see about us went home (close by), got a chain, and pulled us up/over the hill. He unhooked us at a turn-thru, we turned around, and and went home the OTHER way.

BONE HEAD MOVE ON MY PART...but I thought it would have been just slush by that time of day, but noooooooo.

Bought sense is best, I guess.

Looks like my Driveway, after my Son plowed it this morning.
25" total so far this season.
Never broke 21° today

Bear

Reactions: wbf610
It was 4 degrees here wind Chile of -6. That was this morning at 6 when I had to drive to work got up to 29

About a week ago we got 16.8 inches of snow in a 10 hour period. When I got off work I drove 30 miles in blizzard conditions (45 MPH winds). I had to stop about every 3 miles and knock the ice off my wipers and I got out of my Jeep into snow up to mid calf. There was close to a foot on the back roads. I LOVE my Wrangler! I averaged 16 MPG in 4H all the way. I was running about 35 MPH most of the way. When I got home I hooked the plow up and plowed the drive. Then cranked the snowblower up and cleared 90 feet of walk from the drive to the house and I'm 68 years old. Four days later it had all melted. Got a dusting today (~ inch) and it'll all be gone by Friday.

Every time I think of leaving this insane state, you guys post a thread like this. It's 55F here in NorCal's SacTown. Just finished blistering some Anaheim peppers on the Kettle in a T-shirt under grey skies. All the white stuff is an hour up the hill east of me.

It went from the 40s and 50s last weekend with rain to snow on Monday. Ice then covered with 4" of snow. -1 the last two mornings and it's supposed to be in the 40s and 50s again this weekend.
:confused:

Reactions: SherryT
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky