A holler from the Missouri Ozarks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jim McDonald

Original poster
Feb 21, 2018
Purchased a mes 30 a week ago, seasoned and smoked a pork sirloin..cheap cut of meat, figured if I was gonna mess up something on my maiden trial, well didn't want it to be a expensive lesson...turned out not much flavor. Second smoke, same cut, my injector had arrived injected with a home brew bbq sauce, and a rub combo of " Squeals like a pig " and "Paula Deans" ....much improved!!..good enough to take one to our neighbor. Second photo
I'm 6'1" , and didn't like working the smoker standing on my head, or squatting down, so built a stand for it with storage for pans, chips etc
The blue tarp..it was raining that day, have no roof over the area, which if it ever quits raining is going to change quickly.

Attachments

• IMG_20180216_114220.jpg
    IMG_20180216_114220.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20180216_170539.jpg
    IMG_20180216_170539.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Welcome to the board! Yep it can take a few tries to get the hang of an unfamiliar smoker. Looks like you're off to a good start. Try the Search here to look up your smoker and see how people use them.

I know what you mean about this band of rain, now it's our turn.

Reactions: Jim McDonald
Welcome to the forum Jim. All sorts of info and practices can be found here. Where your from brought back memories of one of my favorite early 70s bands - Ozark Mountain Daredevils. \

Chris

Welcome to the forum Jim. All sorts of info and practices can be found here. Where your from brought back memories of one of my favorite early 70s bands - Ozark Mountain Daredevils. \

Chris
Thanks Chris, still checking out the various forums and the loads of information available here. Lots of subjects covered!!

A pause in the rain this morning..got 12' of coverlite clear polycarbonate roofing put up. Hopefully this will give me enough shelter so i can smoke in the rain..got rain forecast til Sunday.

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from a partly sunny and warm day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Reactions: Jim McDonald
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky