A Good Ol' Countrified Breakfast (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
We don't see a lot of breakfast threads so I thought I'd toss one out there. Once in a while Bear will post a great looking sammie or Chile will post some insane, over-the-top breakfast he's done with leftovers, but that's about it. Decided to make a nice breakfast last Sunday since Tracy did not have me relegated to yard work all day.

Home fries: Taters, onions, green peppers in a skillet with a bit of oil, salt, pepper, and garlic
003.jpg

A skillet full of my homemade pepper crusted bacon
004.jpg

5 eggs beaten with a splash of milk then add about a quarter pound of shredded cheese
005.jpg

Gotta have biscuits!!
006.jpg

Add some fire roasted salsa on top of the eggs and I'm ready to eat. This was so good....
008.jpg

The only thing lacking in my book was a good gray but with it being just the two of us, that seemed like overkill. It sure was a nice way to start a dreary Sunday: breakfast and a nap :emoji_laughing:

See y'all on the next one....
Robert

Great looking breakfast Robert! I agree gravy could have topped it off but you might have been in a food coma the rest of the day. My daughter has been swindling me into taking her to the donut shop the last couple weeks. Might have to put my foot down tomorrow and make something good like this! Points for sure.

looks great, I could dive into that. unfortunately with our busy lives we rarely have time to have breakfast. mostly we have breakfast for supper.

It's after Midnight when I'm seeing this but now I'm starving for some Breakfast! That all would make a nice Breakfast Burrito...JJ

Mmmmm, that's a nice Breakfast!
Being over the top insane you can bet I'd would've gone with the gravy... LOL!
I'd be seeing how much bacon and eggs two of those biscuits could hold, and then smothering two more in gravy and crumbled bacon.
YEAH BABY!

All this talk of Biscuits and Gravy is driving me crazy! That's it, Buttermilk Biscuits and Sausage Gravy it is, Sunday morning!
I was planning to sleep in, eat some Eggs and relax. BUT NO, Y'all got keep pushing and Now, I got to get up earlier and satisfy the the hunger you guys drove me to. Dang it!...JJ

Great looking breakfast Robert! I agree gravy could have topped it off but you might have been in a food coma the rest of the day. My daughter has been swindling me into taking her to the donut shop the last couple weeks. Might have to put my foot down tomorrow and make something good like this! Points for sure.

Thank you John. Appreciate the kind words. We don't do donuts around here. Not from a standpoint of healthy food, we just don't care for a bunch of sugar. Once in a while we'll do a dessert for after dinner but donuts would just be WAY too much sugar for me that early in the day. It is hard to say "no" to the kids sometimes....I remember that all too well :emoji_anguished:

Robert

Heck yes!! That is one gorgeous looking breakfast!!

Thank you!! We enjoyed it after so many weekends of breakfast tacos

looks great, I could dive into that. unfortunately with our busy lives we rarely have time to have breakfast. mostly we have breakfast for supper.

During the week I usually eat "breakfast" around 8:30 in the morning and it's typically a burger and fries of a grilled chicken sandwich. On the weekends I like real breakfast food

That looks great! The weekends I try to cook a good breakfast but lately its been Braums or Mcdonalds on the weekends.

UGH!! I just can't do McDonalds....for anything. Sadly we don't have Braums here but on our trips to Wichita we always stop at Braums. Tracy grew up with them but we live too far south now.

Robert

That's a great looking breakfast! And your pepper bacon looks like it's to die for!

Thank you Joe. I absolutely love the pepper bacon. Tracy prefers the maple and brown sugar most of the time but for this one she agreed that the pepper would be better. Both are fantastic though!!

Robert

Great looking breakfast there Robert.

LIKE!

John

Very much appreciate the kind words and the LIKE John, thank you

Thats a hearty breakfast for sure! Looks fantastic!

It certainly filled the void and tasted pretty darn good too :emoji_laughing:

That's a GREAT looking breakfast! Like!
I can't resist making gravy when I've fried bacon or sausage. You're a stronger man than me.

Believe me, I'd have loved the gravy but there was already too much food for just the two of us. I'm a gravy junkie and could eat almost anything covered with it.

Breakfast looks great. Breakfast posts should happen more!

I agree!! With all the folks here making their own sausage, bacon, Canadian bacon, etc...I'm surprised that we don't see more. Maybe this will be the beginning of a trend :emoji_astonished:

Loving a good breakfast!!
Robert

It's after Midnight when I'm seeing this but now I'm starving for some Breakfast! That all would make a nice Breakfast Burrito...JJ

Not a thing wrong with breakfast at midnight Jimmy. Personally, I'm never up that late but back in the day, it wasn't unheard of to go to IHOP when they closed down the bars :emoji_wink:

That was a while ago....
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky