A Fat Girl's Supper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

squirrel

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 7, 2010
augusta ga
Evening all,

Well, even though it is getting colder here in south Georgia, and I am whining like a little school girl, I must admit how much I love cooking this time of year! All that fattening goodness. Hey, a squirrel has to put on a little fat action! Soooo, today I cooked up a mightly little feast of goodies. All fattening, full of fat, and then some more fat.

First of all, I prepped three racks of ribs. I only removed the membrane and cut off a few pieces here and there and then put my favorite rub (if ya wanna call it a rub) of brown sugar, garlic and onion powder, parsley flakes (have no idea why I did that) some cayenne. I rubbed the ribs with cheap old yeller mustard first on a counta I like it. Tossed them in the MES. My first ribs in the newbie smoker by the way. Then I proceeded to make me some gawd durn pinto beans. Love, love, love, love pinto beans and corn bread! I used chicken broth and two, not one but TWO ham hocks and cooked them slowly. I'm talking 5.5 hours slow. AND GET THIS they didn't break all up or nothing! WooHoo! I hate it when they break all up and that little thing comes out that looks like a maggot. Freaky. Fer sure. 

547e6394_IMG_8283.jpg

Here's my buttermilk cornbread. I used a whole stick of butta in this baby. And then I proceeded to lick the wrapper said butta came in.

9c1972de_IMG_8287.jpg

And low and behold Chef Anne B. from Food Networks "Smashed Gratin Potatoes". Google it, this chick is awesome. Well, except sometimes she does this really weird thing with her voice and she sounds like Kermit the frog on crack. She always says "Big Meat" in that weird voice and I do find that somewhat disturbing.

20a288a3_IMG_8286.jpg

Chef Anne's potato's after they have been under the broiler. Panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese on top. I had to stop and give thanks for these babies.

fe2fc619_IMG_8289.jpg

Check out the ribbage. All was well. I was a bad girl and just tossed them in the MES for 5.75 hours. Opened the door once to empty the wood box so I could refill it. Not sure if that's the right way to do it or not, but it worked for me. These puppies were awesome. Very tender, kinda like me. Hehehehehe.

5a0210aa_IMG_8288.jpg

And here we go, all plated up. I cleaned that plate. I ain't kiddin. Baby squirrel was HUNGRY!!!

5bf73eaf_IMG_8291.jpg

Thanks for checking out my fat girl suppa! Hugs!!!!!

Some good lookin grub right there!

If ya like pintos try the same thing but use half pintos and half white beans.

You don't have to empty the ash pan but once, after the smoke is done.

I made white beans in some soup Saturday, yummmmm. Great northerns I believe.

I emptied the ash pan because I was afraid if I put new wood in there it would overflow or something. Ya gotta remember I'm a newbie with the MES. I had a bucket right there so I could do that. It made me feel better knowing it was clean when I dumped the next batch it. I'll get it figured out!

Thanks eman!!!

Wow, Cheryl!  Now that's a meal I could wrap myself around.  My wife says that's hillbilly food.  I say, yup!
biggrin.gif

Great looking dinner.

I have not used the supplied wood burner in my MES yet.

I got the AMAZEN when I got the smoker.

I got the new kit too. Been here about 3 weeks.

I bought a bag of chips too. Maybe someday.

Great looking meal Cheryl. Ann B is one flippin crazy chick for sure. Did you know that she is Mario Batali's back up on Iron Chef? I crack up when she does the fist pump cause she likes her own food. Those taters look mighty tasty gonna have to give them a try.

Yep Gary I know all about Mizz Anne B. I too love the fist pump she does. I really do like her and her food is always awesome. I have tried quite a few of her recipes. She really is an awesome chef. Probably my favorite, well, except Giada. Gawd she's hot and can cook some awesome Italian food.

And that is a meal for this ol fat boy from Louisiana. That is TOP SHELF my kinda grub...Dang that cornbread is awsome....

Shucks Squirrel, you throw down when it comes to some chow and fixins!  It's amazing how one can began to drool by just scrolling down through some pictures! hehe  
points.gif

Good thing I just back from lunch. Otherwise I would have to go get a new keyboard.( Insert drooling smiley) Loves me some hamhocks and beans with cornbread! Those ribs look pretty tasty too!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

It's like they say "Fat girls need supper to!"...... Squirrel, my dear you rock! That is a great plate of good tasting food you got going on there.

I to am a fan of Ann, and I also really like Kat Corra.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky