A couple of cooks.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning all. Here are a couple cooks I did over the last couple of days.
IMG_20221213_183820198.jpg

Filet Mignon seared then broiled with loaded baked taters. Darn right delicious!

IMG_20221215_180057651.jpg

Last night it was pastrami melts. Used some of my homemade kraut. This was amazing!

Nice Steve, I priced out pastrami the other day at the grocer - 15.00/lb. So much for having Reubens this week.

Chris

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Couple fine looking plates there Steve.
I could go for 1 of those Pastrami melts hell what am I saying . 1 of each would work better.

David
Thanks David!

Now thats a baked potato! That melt right up my alley. Nice cooks Steve.
Thanks Brian!

Nice Steve, I priced out pastrami the other day at the grocer - 15.00/lb. So much for having Reubens this week.

Chris
Thanks! 15.99 a pound here. I need to just make some!

I’ll have one of each!!!
Thanks Jeff!

We both need some of that $0.99 / lbs brisket that Brian posted to cure.
I wish I could find them at that price. Even buying corned beef and making it is really $$$

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Great meals, Steve. I'd eat all of those meals, most likely at the same time, lol. We cannot get proper Pastrami here in Ga. We really miss it. I've made my own several times, but it's hit or miss on it coming out correctly. Great work.

That pastrami looks insane.

The LP malt vinegar is my goto but its not been on the shelves here as of late.When it does show up I always stock up.

Oh man! Those are some F’n meals!!!!! I think a tankard of Beer would be the perfect drink to accompany both! Then fall asleep watching a good movie to cap it off. Points!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Great meals, Steve. I'd eat all of those meals, most likely at the same time, lol. We cannot get proper Pastrami here in Ga. We really miss it. I've made my own several times, but it's hit or miss on it coming out correctly. Great work.
Thanks Mike!

order of one plate each to go please! both look delicious!!
Thank you!

That pastrami looks insane.

The LP malt vinegar is my goto but its not been on the shelves here as of late.When it does show up I always stock up.
Thanks! I usually get a few bottles when I see it as well. It can be spotty on finding it.

Oh man! Those are some F’n meals!!!!! I think a tankard of Beer would be the perfect drink to accompany both! Then fall asleep watching a good movie to cap it off. Points!
Thanks Jed! I had a couple Stellas to wash it down!

I'm with David. I'll take a plate of both. And then directions to the recliner for a nap. Great looking meals.

Jim
Thanks Jim! I hit the bed shortly after myself!

It all looks good...but think I'd be stuffed after the tater! Nice job Steve!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!

Boy howdy Steve, any real American would be more than just a little happy to be sitting down and digging in to either one of those dishes, beautiful job! RAY

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
That all looks great Steve! I could smash one of those reubens right about now! I’m gonna look for that malt vinegar, I only ever seem to get the Heinz brand.

Love me some bacon wrapped steak.
Gary
Thanks Gary!

That all looks great Steve! I could smash one of those reubens right about now! I’m gonna look for that malt vinegar, I only ever seem to get the Heinz brand.
Thanks Joe! I prefer this brand over Heinz. Or, maybe it's just the bottle label!

Home run again Steve! Have not had a fillet in a while.

What is with all the early posts? I was not out of bed until after post #13...lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky