9th Annual Carolinas Smokers Gathering-September 16, 17 and 18th 2022

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alelover

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Due to Covid we had to postponed 2 original 9th Annual Gatherings, but we are back.
The date is set. Mark your calendars.
September 16, 17 and 18th 2022.

Check out the past 8 gatherings here.

1st Annual NC Gathering

2nd Annual NC Gathering

3rd Annual NC Gathering

4th Annual NC Gathering

5th Annual NC Gathering

6th Annual NC Gathering

7th Annual NC Gathering

8th Annual NC Gathering

We will once again have it at our "Lake View Estate" in Concord, NC. We are about 20 minutes north of Charlotte in Concord. Near the Cabarrus Arena.
More details to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_4633.JPG
    IMG_4633.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 51
Yessir....... Will be good to see everyone again.

Attachments

• IMG_1686.JPG
    IMG_1686.JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 69
Howdy folks. Reviving an older thread here to see how things are coming with this and possible attendees. I'm giving some consideration to making the trip being that SWA flies to Charlotte so that means free airfare.

Robert

Reactions: theosh
Hey Robert, Scott and cricket do a great job hosting the event. We have a few members who attend and there are a lot of people who stop by during the weekend. Some of Scotts brew buddies and a lot of family friends attend. Its always been good food and a good time. Due to Covid cancellations Scott should have 3 Christmas trees to burn for the saturday night ceremonial lighting of the sky.
Joe

Reactions: theosh
Waiting on more details. We are not too far from there. Between Lexington and Winston-Salem.

Scott should be here shortly to give you some details

Waiting on more details. We are not too far from there. Between Lexington and Winston-Salem.
An official date has been chosen for the 1st annual NC gathering. The event will take place at the sprawling estate of Alelover in Concord, NC. This event is open for anyone who would like to attend whether you live in NC or elsewhere. Spend the whole weekend or just a few hours. We will have several smokers available to cook on and Alelover has room for some tents to be pitched on. There are also lots of lodging options around the area.

We have not come up with a menu just yet and that is where you come in. If you are planning on attending and would like to cook something for the group, please post it up or you can PM Alelover or myself.

For those who have not attended a SMF gathering before it will be a weekend of relaxing, eating, and fellowship. It is a chance to meet some of the great SMF'ers you interact with everyday. You won't find a nicer group of people or better food.

Please post up if you plan to attend so we can can keep track of how many to expect. Alelover and I both look forward to meeting some wonderful new people!

Menu:

Friday Dinner

Chicken, Kielbasa, Italian sausage, baked beans, slaw

Saturday breakfast

Fatties, bacon, eggs, sausage, Canadian bacon, toast

Lunch

Sausage, ribs, pastrami, potato chips, Joe's potato salad, pickles

Dinner

Pulled pork, brisket, burnt ends, smoked mac and cheese, hushpuppies, beans, antipasto salad and slaw

Sunday

Breakfast

Fatties, bacon, eggs, sausage, Canadian bacon, toast

Lunch

leftovers

I copied and pasted this from the first gathering. Kind of how it starts. I show up on friday around noon with my smoker and Scott usally has something going early with his smoker or grill to snack on for a early afternoon snack.
The menu will change a little from above. if you would like to bring something to smoke/cook and share thats great or if you rather bring somehing pre made, thats fine too.

Boykjo

I see IGA here has jumbo pack chicken wings here for $1.98/lb I'll pick up a few packs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky