8th Annual SMF NC Gathering, May 17, 18 and 19th 2019

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Watching intently.
20190317_120045.jpg

There are a lot of mitigating circumstances right now that leave the future clouded in mystery. Only family member besides myself is Mom in Kentucky and her health has been causing me to travel there a lot. I was supposed to attend a Dutch oven cook off with Yetavon a few weeks back and had to rush to Kentucky. Same two weekends ago. If there isn't any catastrophe I may just show up. I can get a hotel at any time. I'm in Hendersonville so you're within easy range. Just bought a bunch of pecan and hickory for the gal so I'm set to smoke. This is why I'm watching intently. I don't want to ad onto a crowded field but I make brisket that Texans love. I like ribs and chicken for the cost. I have enough capacity to smoke one piece of about every critter in North America. I will say that I plan to attend and yes bring the "unit" . My local custom meats shop says they will make sausage rope style for me to hang and smoke. Not sure what else might follow.

Last edited:
Reactions: phatbac
New here, and hope to attend. Supposed to be RV’ing in SC with family the previous weekend, so may be one or the other. Will see as we get closer.

Man hoping we can still make it would be a big disappointment not to. But we have a daughter in the hospital not sure what's wrong at this time. Or I should say what's causing her problem. She has 2 daughters who can't take care of themselves and a 4 year old granddaughter who live with her. They are now all at our house. Hoping to get things worked out so we can still come. It's still 3 weeks away.

Warren

Novice question and forgive me for asking. How many pounds of meat should an attendee/participant plan on bringing ?

I reckon I should have asked how many folks on average attend ? Do they all try everything ?

How did I not know this has been going on in my backyard the last 7 years? Might have to bring one or both of my rigs out if I can.

I am currently over near the Pavillion near University and Concord Mills but was in Concord for almost 9 years and looking to move into the Kannapolis area in the near future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky