6 year old neighbor kid said my meat had worms!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crankybuzzard, Dec 3, 2015.

1. crankybuzzard

crankybuzzard Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

We have neighbors that recently moved here from Germany and they have 2 boys, one 6 and the other is 2. One of us is constantly taking something, food wise, to the other. My neighbor's wife is an awesome cook!

Well, earlier today, I sliced up the "mini hams", and took about a 1/2 pound over to them. Bea was excited to try it and said they would have some for supper.

She called me a few minutes ago, laughing so hard that she had to hang up and come over. It seems that her son got a piece of the ham where the temp probe had been inserted. He refused to eat it because of the "worm hole"!

2. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

3. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ha ha ha ha

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  4. mowin

mowin Master of the Pit

Shame on you for feeding him something with worm holes. :biggrin: but I'll take some...

5. Now that's funny  [​IMG]

Gary

6. jhend

jhend Smoke Blower

Worms smoke up good to ya know     :D)   LOL

7. halfsmoked

halfsmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Shame on you. You have to get your road early before the contamination sets in.

Read your hotdog package and see if it has earthorbate as a filler that is my friend earth worms!!!

That how ever is real funny poor kid won't eat pork the rest of his life.

8. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Next time you send something over with a worm hole in it, stick a gummy worm in there!

cats49er likes this.
  9. amlong88

amlong88 Meat Mopper

ID
    ^ what he said

10. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That's pretty good....... maybe someone slipped some wormwood in ya smoker.

11. muralboy

muralboy Smoking Fanatic

And you didn't charge them extra for the worm protein?

12. Smoked worms are a delicacy in some parts of the world. [​IMG]

13. crankybuzzard

crankybuzzard Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I talked to his father this morning and he was cracking up about it.  We decided that when I put some more hams in the smoker, I need to bring Julius over and show him the probe.  
    I'm going to do that tonight!  

14. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

LOL... a difference in people, me I'd go buy some gummy worms or spaghetti noodles make 'em look real.... and you can figure it out.....Thats just how I am. LOL

Maybe its from my service in subs cause that type thing was always going on, more likely its just how my cousins taught me as a kid...LOL

15. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

THAT'S FUNNY.... I'm gonna use the "WORM" thing if anyone mentions the hole in the food...

Bride will probably send a backhand my direction, but it will be worth it.....

16. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It's actually erythorbate, as in sodium erythorbate;

So what is erythorbate?
    Erythorbate is salt of erythorbic acid which is an isomer of Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid). It also poses similar effect as vitamin C and its salt. Erythorbate is much more efficient as antioxidant than ascorbate (salt of vitamin C) without acidic taste. So it’s added to hotdogs and hamburgers to keep the taste and appearance of meat fresh without changing the taste. It’s widely used in meat processing, beverage and cosmetics to improve antioxidant effect. Erythorbate is usually produced through fermentation of corn starch etc...

17. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good one CB !! 

DS

18. bluewhisper

bluewhisper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Show him a meat grinder in action.

19. zzrguy

zzrguy Smoke Blower

From the mouths of babes

20. Can't wait till you introduce him to Mountain Oysters     [​IMG]

Gary