6 year old neighbor kid said my meat had worms!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 4, 2014
Montague County, TX
We have neighbors that recently moved here from Germany and they have 2 boys, one 6 and the other is 2. One of us is constantly taking something, food wise, to the other. My neighbor's wife is an awesome cook!

Well, earlier today, I sliced up the "mini hams", and took about a 1/2 pound over to them. Bea was excited to try it and said they would have some for supper.

She called me a few minutes ago, laughing so hard that she had to hang up and come over. It seems that her son got a piece of the ham where the temp probe had been inserted. He refused to eat it because of the "worm hole"!

Shame on you for feeding him something with worm holes. :biggrin: but I'll take some...

Last edited:
Now that's funny  
ROTF.gif

Gary

Shame on you. You have to get your road early before the contamination sets in.

Read your hotdog package and see if it has earthorbate as a filler that is my friend earth worms!!!

That how ever is real funny poor kid won't eat pork the rest of his life.

I talked to his father this morning and he was cracking up about it.  We decided that when I put some more hams in the smoker, I need to bring Julius over and show him the probe.  
Next time you send something over with a worm hole in it, stick a gummy worm in there!
I'm going to do that tonight!  

I talked to his father this morning and he was cracking up about it.  We decided that when I put some more hams in the smoker, I need to bring Julius over and show him the probe.  

I'm going to do that tonight!  
LOL... a difference in people, me I'd go buy some gummy worms or spaghetti noodles make 'em look real.... and you can figure it out.....Thats just how I am. LOL

Maybe its from my service in subs cause that type thing was always going on, more likely its just how my cousins taught me as a kid...LOL

Shame on you. You have to get your road early before the contamination sets in.

Read your hotdog package and see if it has earthorbate as a filler that is my friend earth worms!!!

That how ever is real funny poor kid won't eat pork the rest of his life.
It's actually erythorbate, as in sodium erythorbate;

So what is erythorbate?
Erythorbate is salt of erythorbic acid which is an isomer of Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid). It also poses similar effect as vitamin C and its salt. Erythorbate is much more efficient as antioxidant than ascorbate (salt of vitamin C) without acidic taste. So it’s added to hotdogs and hamburgers to keep the taste and appearance of meat fresh without changing the taste. It’s widely used in meat processing, beverage and cosmetics to improve antioxidant effect. Erythorbate is usually produced through fermentation of corn starch etc...

Can't wait till you introduce him to Mountain Oysters     
yahoo.gif

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky