50th BDay Meat qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tirrin

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Wichita, KS
This upcoming Jan, 15th is my mothers 50th birthday.  To celebrate it, I am hosting a party at my house on the 12th.  Im having a tough time deciding whether to grill or to smoke, and what meats to choose.  If I smoke, then a pulled pork is a must but want a secondary meat to go with it, and I think i've gotten it narrowed to a brisket or turkey.  Ive also tossed around the idea of a good beef chuck roast for slicing into sandwiches.  If I grill, then it will likely be burgers and steaks depending on the costs.  I also would like to do some appetizers, like maybe some abts.. What suggestions do you all have?

Last edited:
Any chance you can get a TriTip? If so you could do it either on the smoker or grill - ABT's  - moinks - wings are all good 

Meatloaf and or chili can feed allot of people on the cheap.
beercheer.gif

Last edited:
well i asked my mom and she said that both brisket and chuck roast sounded great..i have already decided that i want to do a pork shoulder, so its up to the beef..i know brisket, so that will probably be the winner..as for the abts..ive never done those so it sounds fun..and thanks al..you can still buy it if you want :)

Last edited:
082aa39d_DSC03311.jpg
e500b107_0112121243.jpg
f85301cd_0112121422_0001.jpg

these are some qviews of the brisket and pork butt i did for my moms bday party last night..i didnt get any pics of the pork butt after coming off the smoker when i tried to take them, cuz i had like 8 ppl clawing at it..needless to say it didnt last long

its nice knowing that people love your food, but its sad when they leave none for you 
th_crybaby2.gif

Silly Youngster...You are doing the Cutting...alway make a pile and tell everyone, " You don't want THAT, it's all Fat and Gristle!...They hit the Buffet and you still got dinner!...Works every time. 
241.png
...JJ

Last edited:
hey big..where do you live around in wichita?...its gonna be handy having someone else around the area for pricing etc..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky