4th Of July Menu?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Riverside, Cal
So what are you all planning to have on the 4th? We are going to have my folks over so just four of us and we decided to go all American. Just the good old hot dogs and burgers. Kenna is making her world famous beans and we are doing to have some corn on the cob. We haven't yet decided to go with potato salad or macaroni salad. Either one is great. I see a few bright spots in the local sales for the 4th. Since I have Monday off as well I am thinking of doing a tri tip or a rack of ribs or two. I usually make a batch of homemade ice cream for the 4th but I think that we are going to skip that this year. We will come up with something else. The strawberries in our area have been very good so far this year. So what's on your menu?

G

Our family will be scattered with quite a few hanging out at the beach and some going to their lake house for the weekend. Wife has to work Sunday-Tuesday nights so I'll probably just take it easy.

I am right next to an American Legion that does a firework show, thus am cooking for 10 on Saturday. Decided on a few racks of cured spare ribs, and a pack of hotdogs in case the rub is too flavorful for my niece and nephews (pickling spices with extra pepper and chile, sichuan peppercorns, and fenugreek seeds, then the leaves during the wrap).

Gonna put a pan of bacon-y mac & cheese underneath, probably around the second hour, so that I get the best stage of drippings. Fresh local corn on the cob, watermelon, and peaches.

We are doing all American as well. My wife already went to Costco and got the burgers and dogs. I have a couple of already smoked St. Louis ribs vac sealed in the freezer so I might do the juicy Lucy. I’m sure we will have chips and dips and veggie appetizer. I might smoked a bunch of veggies, that’s always good because I can snack on that in the evening also. We have water bounce house being delivered Saturday so the kids and our friends kids will love that. It will be fun.

I am right next to an American Legion that does a firework show, thus am cooking for 10 on Saturday. Decided on a few racks of cured spare ribs, and a pack of hotdogs in case the rub is too flavorful for my niece and nephews (pickling spices with extra pepper and chile, sichuan peppercorns, and fenugreek seeds, then the leaves during the wrap).

Gonna put a pan of bacon-y mac & cheese underneath, probably around the second hour, so that I get the best stage of drippings. Fresh local corn on the cob, watermelon, and peaches.

I hope you're documenting those cured ribs for a future post!

We are doing all American as well. My wife already went to Costco and got the burgers and dogs. I have a couple of already smoked St. Louis ribs vac sealed in the freezer so I might do the juicy Lucy. I’m sure we will have chips and dips and veggie appetizer. I might smoked a bunch of veggies, that’s always good because I can snack on that in the evening also. We have water bounce house being delivered Saturday so the kids and our friends kids will love that. It will be fun.

I hope my recent post inspired you! HAHA

Reactions: Hamdrew
That sounds like a blast. Enjoy that.

G

Oh WOW, I am sure that makes for a great show. No driving or parking. Sounds like a great time to be had by everyone.

G

Reactions: Hamdrew
I hope you're documenting those cured ribs for a future post!
Oh I will for sure, although I think about half of my threads are about cured ribs.. LOL

We are invited to a friends house for BBQ. I am taking smoked beans and I’m going to run a batch of burnt ends since the smoker is already going.

Smoked turkey breast and chili with that leftover skirt steak that I added way to much habenero dust to. Probably some wings too.

Reactions: bigfurmn
We're having 2 couples over for the first time in 2 years. Doing Saturday instead of Sunday. We're smoking a Whole Brisket, the Mrs. is making homemade Mac and Cheese. Friends are smoking some things too don't know what yet. (Hope it's not Brisket, lol.) Fresh Watermelon and Apple Pie for desert.

Our plans include taking the little man to a parade, a town ball baseball game and a small town fair with fireworks. The menu hmmm guess it will be hotdogs at the ball game and then whatever food trucks sound good at the fair. Have fun and stay safe everyone. Let's have the same number of fingers next week!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky