2023 N. FL Gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm Thinking this might have been my first year... Maybe 2nd attending... haven't missed one since ... I remember the banner... Didn't we take a group photo in front of that banner ??...
Yes Keith we did take a group photo in front of/ under the banner each year don't know what happened with doing that

Well it's a done deal. Unless somebody says they don't want me there, I'm in. Got airline tickets booked yesterday, hotel reservations made, and rental car lined up. I'll be flying into Panama City Beach on Thursday morning and heading to the hotel that's right by the gathering, which bmudd14474 bmudd14474 mentioned in the opening of this thread. Anybody in the area wanna get together Thursday afternoon / evening for libations and / or dinner?

Robert
It will be nice to meet you robert. I should be in late wednesday afternoon. Its about a 11 hr drive for me from Raleigh NC to Quincy Forida pulling the pop up.

Reactions: bmudd14474
Sounds to be a great gathering with lots of respected members, you too _____ (fill in the blank).
Thanks for the shout out, Brian.
Unless something drastic happens as in very late arriving spring weather, we'll be back in Minnesota.
I'll be watching
I am definitely out.
Wife informed me today we WILL be at her nephew's wedding on the 22nd in Minnesota.

I got contacted about catering a wedding on the Sunday, i'm trying to figure out how i can do both :emoji_laughing:
Wheres the wedding. We can cook at Jerrys and you transport there :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: dougmays
Sounds to be a great gathering with lots of respected members, you too _____ (fill in the blank).

I am definitely out.
Wife informed me today we WILL be at her nephew's wedding on the 22nd in Minnesota.
Tell the wife we have internet and you can zoom the wedding. LOL LOL

Tell the wife we have internet and you can zoom the wedding. LOL LOL
Wife says the reverse. We WILL be at the wedding (I thought a second time meant other things can take precedence). Yeah that went over well. Showing signs of early spring in MN so I need to be closer to the farm when the boss says "go"
Can you set up a live feed Brian?

Reactions: bmudd14474
The wife and I are taking a trip to NOLA the first part of that week and will be showing up Friday. I will happily bring 20 pounds of mudbugs if someone is willing to boil them up? Or would pre-cooked be better? This is just a road trip for us so we won't really have any "cooking gear". I'll also pick up the spices if someone has any ideas on what to get. I just need a list. Looking forward to our second visit at pineywoods pineywoods generous gathering!

Don

The wife and I are taking a trip to NOLA the first part of that week and will be showing up Friday. I will happily bring 20 pounds of mudbugs if someone is willing to boil them up? Or would pre-cooked be better? This is just a road trip for us so we won't really have any "cooking gear". I'll also pick up the spices if someone has any ideas on what to get. I just need a list. Looking forward to our second visit at pineywoods pineywoods generous gathering!

Don
I don't know of anywhere local that will sell live by the pound. Most everywhere I know, if you want live crawfish, you have to buy them by the sack. Sacks avg. 36#.

I posted this years ago on another forum... Figure I would add it here....

"Uncle Pan's Crawfish, Crab and Shrimp Boil Recipe"

My great Uncle Francis (Uncle Pan) lived in Pierre Part, Louisiana. He was a school teacher and then principle at the elementary school there. He knew EVERYONE in town. He taught the Landry gang on swamp people. This is about as authentic a boil recipe as it gets... 👍

(recipe is per 10 lbs. of crawfish or shrimp)
5 gallons of water
2 lbs. Salt
1/2 cup cayenne pepper
1 cup vinegar
20-25 bay leaves (fresher the better! we pick them off the bay tree in the yard)
(1) 12 oz. bottle Zataran's Liquid crab boil
3-4 spice bags Zataran's crab boil
6-8 lemons cut in half
10-12 onions cut in 1/2 top to root
6 whole pods of garlic cut in half (cut so each clove is in half)
12-18 small new potatoes (small bag)
4-6 ears of corn cut in half

Place water and spices in a pot large enough for the crawfish (50 lbs. you need a 50 gallon pot) bring to a rolling boil, then reduce heat...boil for 20 minutes. Add new potatoes and boil additional 10 minutes. add crawfish and corn, bring to a rolling boil (start timing it when it reaches a boil) and boil for 5 minutes. turn fire off and let soak 15 minutes...check one bug for taste and if it ain't der yet-soak it some mo until it is spicy enough for you (another 5-10 minutes).

And der ya go....enjoy! :yes: 👍

• Love
Reactions: drdon
I don't know of anywhere local that will sell live by the pound. Most everywhere I know, if you want live crawfish, you have to buy them by the sack. Sacks avg. 36#.
A sack or 2 is is fine with me. I always brought them home already cooked so I have no idea how to get them. BUT,.....if we're going to a cookout weekend, I would think someone might want to do it there? Just a thought. Any volunteers?

20230228_170204.jpg

Doesn't look so spring like up here this afternoon Fueling Around Fueling Around !

Ryan

• Wow
Reactions: Fueling Around
I'll take a pic. tomorrow for you Brokenhandle....flowers are blooming, trees are budding, birds are singing, sun is shining....86*F for the high tomorrow.......a hot one!

Not too bad here... just a surprise to turn around and see that lol! Was in the 30s so decent temps. I'd hate 80 degree temps... too hot for me this early.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky