2023 N. FL Gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Joe if your canvas has a raw side the best patch I recommend is a latex based glue and either a denim (yes it is a canvas) or an undyed canvas patch. Latex glue can be found under the Tear Mender brand
You will need to coat and seal the exterior side of the patch. The coating I used to get is off the market so not a clue. Maybe a RV shop will have something.
I have not found anything that effectively removes mouse odor.

PM me if you want some Disney tips. Wife and I are Passholders. Take advantage of the early entry you get as a resort guest.
Good information John..... I was looking at that tear mender as one of my best options. The only problem is the glue has very bad reviews. The glue is dried and unusable in the bottle when the customer opens it. If I can get it locally I can just return it and get another one. Denim sounds like a great idea. I'm thinking sandwiching two pieces of denim on each side of the hole and gluing them together and then get a stiching awl and sew the perimeter. There's really not a problem with mouse odor. Its hard to over come a musty old camper smell.....lol

I'll Pm you about some disney tips....
Thanks

Good information John..... I was looking at that tear mender as one of my best options.
Don't know if you've ever heard of it but there is a canvas product out there called Sunbrella. The stuff is virtually indestructible. It's used primarily for boat biminis and covers but also for high end outdoor furniture. The stuff is available in a bunch of different colors and would be readily available I'd think. Just an option to consider.

Robert

Reactions: drdon
Anybody by any chance bringing cornhole boards ? I have a set but the squirrels/mice/raccoons (something) found my bags and ripped them apart and ate the corn...

Reactions: boykjo
Keith I'll check our set today it's still in the box unused.

Anybody by any chance bringing cornhole boards ? I have a set but the squirrels/mice/raccoons (something) found my bags and ripped them apart and ate the corn...
Keith we have a brand new set and the bags are good

Don't know if you've ever heard of it but there is a canvas product out there called Sunbrella. The stuff is virtually indestructible. It's used primarily for boat biminis and covers but also for high end outdoor furniture. The stuff is available in a bunch of different colors and would be readily available I'd think. Just an option to consider.

Robert

2nd the Sunbrella repair kits. We've used it on our Florida patio umbrella and seat cushion the squirrels snacked on, as well as the small boat bimini top.

Don

1681002131685.png

I'm leaning towards using cloth like this and some fabric gorilla glue. Looks like someone did a peel test and gorilla glue did very well and better than most other glues for this application. I'll make two blocks of wood, line them with parchment paper, make two patches, glue and sandwich them together on the hole, then clamp them together. I'll start another thread on this so I stop stepping on this gathering thread.
Capturepatch.PNG

Reactions: Fueling Around
It's getting closer and won't be long now. By the lack of people commenting it looks like it will be a smaller crowd and that's fine we will still have a good time.
I have some butts, brisket, and venison to take out to defrost I'll try to get a weight on the venison and see how many butts there are tomorrow. I think Brian and his lovely bride are coming over tomorrow to help my wife and I try to finish the clean up. I still have some stuff to move around outside but most of that is either tractor or skid steer moving.
I have the horse shoes and cornhole sets ready to be put up and used.

Reactions: smokin peachey
I'll be carrying light on this trip with the Disney stop. I would like to make some Jap & cheddar kielbasa. I'm bringing 6 lbs HTC, casings, spices and japs. I'll need to use some equipment. I also have some "Off the hook" snack stick spices Kevin (Foamheart) sent me a while back we could do.
Jerry, Do you need some pork fat for the venison. I have about 8 lbs

Joe I don't have any pork fat can't get it around here anymore

Okay I have

8 pork butts
2 briskets
60 lbs of venison to be ground
1 sirloin tip
1 ham
a couple pork tenderloins
Sounds like a good time. I look forward to seeing the pictures. Hey bmudd14474 bmudd14474 why don’t you set up a livestream so those of us that aren’t fortunate enough to join you can still watch y’all having fun?

Reactions: flatbroke
Jerry... If you want to leave the ham frozen I am bringing a whole one to do a maple bourbon ham... was just waiting to here from Brian the menu as to which night to have it...

Maybe make some jerky with some of that venison ?

Okay I have

8 pork butts
2 briskets
60 lbs of venison to be ground
1 sirloin tip
1 ham
a couple pork tenderloins
Where's the partridge in a pear tree? Lol!
Maybe you should order some knives to cut all this meat! :emoji_blush:
I know a place you can get some!

Ryan

yeah...lol

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Brian and Jerry ( you too Keith), I have to pass on meeting with you on Wednesday for lunch.
Wife is twitchy and doesn't want to get committed into something that that doesn't blend with our travel plans and leave you hanging.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky