2012 MES Electric Smoker Recall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Steve, I don't plan on using mine either being I have a AMNPS too. Todd and I were just interested in the engineering differences. We're curious folks.

Todd, No holes in the end of housing on either one. Maybe the 2011 model had them. I think I found the major change. Look at the pics of the tray rail below. New one now has a little "lip" to keep the tray in the housing instead of just being able to slide straight out.

OLD

NEW

Hmmmm...... Wait a minute...

Seems like there was another thread on this a week or two back and the clerk at Bass Pro told the poster that the company (MES?) had sent someone out and "fixed" all the units (which if you query the model number at the MES website, are drop shipped from China and not directly from MES in USA.

Yep, I thought that tale was BS when I read it then too.....
dward,

MES sent employees to Bass pro  warehouses to fix all the units they had. that is why no one can tell what is different in the images. If you look at the new and old image above, the tabs are facing the same direction. The ones that were bad had the tab facing upward, but the fix was to turn it downward. I think the chip tray was able to go under the slot instead of in it. I think when they turned it down it prevented the tray from going under the slot.

hope this helps

Goes to show the MES is a POS.  That's just my personal opinion.  Folks brag about how great the customer service is--heck, that's only because the company knows that their product is always prone to problems.  Seriously, the only good thing about the MES is Todd's product

I'm not sure but looking at the pictures, is the chip holder "shifted" in the other direction? Looks like it might be in picture #3. Just wondering.

It the goofy little tab the added, to keep the chip tray from sliding out

They really should have made the chip pan larger

The problem is the heat shield is too close to the heating element, and when chips miss the chip pan, they land directly on the element.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky