2 racks burning plum and oak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motolife313

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2016
IMG_7963.JPG
IMG_7961.JPG
The plum smells really good, haven't burned much plum for a while. Smoking at 250. 1 rack of St. Louis and a baby back. I'm pretty much done. They been on 4.5 hours and are going to do another 30 -45 minutes. I'll get some more pics up

IMG_7974.JPG
Here they are with no suace. Next pic will be sauced

Plum sounds good. I’ve got persimmon and grapefruit wood that I’ve yet to use but plan to at some point. We have plum trees at our hunting camp, I’d like to hear what you think of it.

IMG_7978.JPG
IMG_7977.JPG
Just had some and it's my best so far. The baby backs were really over cooked but tasted really good. Either it was the plum or the new Webber rib and chicken rub, I put a good amount of butter and honey in the BBQ suace too

Those ribs look fantastic!
I have to over cook mine sometimes too, cause a lot of our friends, including my Grandson like FOTB ribs.
So they would have loved those BB's.
Congrats on getting a spin on the carousel!
Al

Nice ribs! I am a big fan and user of the Weber chicken n rib rub! i think it tastes wonderful. and its an inexpensive rub and leaves a nice color. Keep on doing what you are doing!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Those ribs look great, we like FOTB at my house.

Point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky