1st smoke with peach wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radsmoke74

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
Bartow Florida
Just curious if anyone has any advice on what kind of meats go well with peach. I picked a bag of chunks up today and using it with cherry and hickory mixed ( unfortunately I'm out of my favorite, pecan) anywho I got a whole chicken smokin with a whole reds red apple beer on fresh garlic clove a sprig of rosemary some fresh basile and a sweet onion all in a ceramic beer can chicken thingy with the bird rub down with some olive oil and everglades rub! Wow the smell is AMAZING! I was wondering anyone use peach with pork like ribs and or Boston butt?

Thanks I was mainly wondering about like ribs I have my normal mix of woods think ill throw some peach in there and experiment so far I'm liking it a lot!

You never know what you will like till you try it.  Don't be afraid to try a new wood! Most fruit woods are great.

Mike

I have smoked belly bacon, loin, turkey, and Canadian bacon on peach..... It was tastee! Pecan is also my favorite, probably because it's what most folks use around here. When I left home and ran into a pecan smoked item, it was kind of a reminder. Now I am back, and the bulk is pecan. I have been trying a lot of different smokes, the one that surprized me the most was corn cob. Unbelieveable color and a very mild sweet taste like a fruit. I know, I was surprized too.

Pork and peach wood go good together as does fowl.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky