1st smoke with peach wood

Discussion in 'Woods for Smoking' started by radsmoke74, Sep 26, 2013.

1. radsmoke74

radsmoke74 Fire Starter

Just curious if anyone has any advice on what kind of meats go well with peach. I picked a bag of chunks up today and using it with cherry and hickory mixed ( unfortunately I'm out of my favorite, pecan) anywho I got a whole chicken smokin with a whole reds red apple beer on fresh garlic clove a sprig of rosemary some fresh basile and a sweet onion all in a ceramic beer can chicken thingy with the bird rub down with some olive oil and everglades rub! Wow the smell is AMAZING! I was wondering anyone use peach with pork like ribs and or Boston butt?

2. radsmoke74

radsmoke74 Fire Starter

Looking good so far

3. I did last years thanksgiving turkey on peach and it was excellent! Pork and poultry go well it. Also used it on ribs. Enjoy! 

4. radsmoke74

radsmoke74 Fire Starter

Thanks I was mainly wondering about like ribs I have my normal mix of woods think ill throw some peach in there and experiment so far I'm liking it a lot!

5. If you can get ahold of some pear too, pear goes great with ribs

6. radsmoke74

radsmoke74 Fire Starter

I seen some at the same place I got the peach I will try that for sure thanks!

7. woodcutter

woodcutter Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That picture would sell some chicken!!

8. so ms smoker

so ms smoker Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

You never know what you will like till you try it.  Don't be afraid to try a new wood! Most fruit woods are great.

Mike

9. radsmoke74

radsmoke74 Fire Starter

I agree. I am looking forward to the pear wood as well. I must say the wings turned out great!

10. I've smoked ribs and butts with a mix of peach and oak. Loved them, I also use Peach Porkalicious Sauce.

11. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I have smoked belly bacon, loin, turkey, and Canadian bacon on peach..... It was tastee! Pecan is also my favorite, probably because it's what most folks use around here. When I left home and ran into a pecan smoked item, it was kind of a reminder. Now I am back, and the bulk is pecan. I have been trying a lot of different smokes, the one that surprized me the most was corn cob. Unbelieveable color and a very mild sweet taste like a fruit. I know, I was surprized too.

Pork and peach wood go good together as does fowl.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013