1st go at smoking a turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

adamr

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
Collierville, TN
Decided to smoke a turkey to take to my parent's house for thanksgiving. My mom was roasting one, so I decided to just do a small 5lb breast.
Brined overnight using Tip''s slaughterhouse recipe which is amazing by the way. Used Montreal chicken for a rub.Smoked the breast at around 250 because that's as high as I could get my little landmann electric to hold. Took about 4hrs to get internal temp to 165.
Finished product. It was a big hit at our family gathering. Everybody said it was excellent. Skin wasn't as crispy as I would have liked, but I think that's just due to not getting my smoker to hold a higher temp. Sorry i couldn't get more pics for Qview. Anyways, thanks for giving it a look and Happy Thanksgiving from Memphis.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky