1ST FATTY EVER... DIDN'T WORK OUT BUT TASTED WICKED GOOD! Q VIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

quityerbitchin

Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
Well, 

I tried my first fatty ever.  Did it on the UDS.  Last night we had a B'day party for my brother in law and I was showing him pics of last weeks first ever smoke, and he made sure to tell me that he was not working today.  I invited him over for lunch.  I tried to go a little light by using turkey sausage...I think that was a mistake.  I also used WAAAAAYYYYYY TOOOOOO MUCH filling.. 

As you can see from the pics I kinda messed up... I guess less is more, is better than more is more.  I did add some chicken 1/4s and a few country style ribs as well.

Here are some pics

7f8ec2f9_SAUSAGEREADYTOROLL.jpg

my turkey sausage rolled out

2edff437_SAUSAGEW-CHZ.jpg

Added some cheese

6544dcdd_SAUSAGEWHASHBRWNANDCHS.jpg

added some hash browns

12e67964_EGGSFORFATTY.jpg

scrambled some eggs

15ba38a8_PREBACONFATTYROLL.jpg

rolled it up, wrapped in saran wrap

81aaaf96_BACONWEAVE.jpg

tried a little bacon weave.. i was feeling real good right about now!!!

3bfa5231_FATTYREADYFORCHILLCHEST.jpg

wrapped the fatty in bacon and put in in the cill chest for a few hours

ef2b7440_ALLONTHEUDS.jpg

all on the UDS ready for a few hours in the Smoke

feccbb1c_CHIX1-4SANDFATTY.jpg

the finished fatty and chix 1/4s fatty split on top!!!

927e2491_FINISHEDFIRSTFATTY.jpg

fatty cut in half

782a0f6f_FINISHEDPLATE.jpg

not a bad lunch....

Even though it opened up it looks like it was  tasting real good

So long as you didn't throw anything away, it was a great smoke.

If you eat it then there are no failures.

I agree with above that it looks tasty.

I was worried about it splitting and spilling cheese all over the coals... So I put it on foil to catch any cheese that oozed out!

Looks good. Who cares if it splits, as long as it kept all the goodies and it tasted good. I like over stuffed fatties anyway!

Thats the beauty of smokes.  Even mistakes taste damn good.  Nice smoke.

i was going to try the ABT fattie w/ cream cheese and Jalapeno's but my wife thought maybe we should take baby steps at first.... also she is pregnant so I figured the Jalepenos might cause a revolt!!!

Seems this worked out well for you even with the split. That it opened up that way gave the cheese an opportunity to toast that way. Looks like the wife and you had yourselves a really nice meal today.

icon_cool.gif

Just like everything else in life it takes practice but atleast you can eat it. After it goes to prove even the un-pretty can be really good to.

It sure looks darn tasty!!  I also like the look of that oozy cheese on top!   Really nice color on the chicken, and you can't go wrong with csr's.  If you decide to try some peppers next time, or do some abt's, the trick of careful seeding, cleaning and soaking fresh jalapenos in milk is quite effective, in my experience.

[quote name="Quityerbitchin" url="/forum/thread/102403/1st-fatty-ever-didn-t-work-out-but-tasted-wicked-good-q-view#post_582050"]
...also she is pregnant...
[/quote]

Soooo...what you're sayin' is, there's peanut butter and pickle fatties in your future. :PDT_Armataz_01_28:

You have to remember, Looks do not affect the taste only the looks...  If it is edible it is OK...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky