16.4 lb brisket - prep is done

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokedlover

Original poster
Nov 24, 2013
Portland, OR
Found this beauty today - 17.5 lbs at of the cryovac and trimmed to 16.4 lbs. Really nice grain - certified angus from local wholesaler - $3.31 per lb. Mixed up 1/2 cup coarse sea salt (prefer it to kosher), 1/2 cup coarse fresh ground pepper, and 2 tbls smoked spanish paprika. Rubbed the steer with olive oil and dijon then applied the rub.. sittting for 8 hours before it goes on the smoker, prepped with mesquite pellets.. will update Saturday. Should be fantastic!

This morning before it went on.. 545am local @ 250... time for a beer soon!

Attachments

• 20190525_052949.jpg
    20190525_052949.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: wbf610
Was moving too fast thru the range and I want at least 10 hours on smoke. I've noticed this with single cuts on the MAK. I usu. do 225 but was a little concerned because this thing was so huge and I didn't want to get behind on it. Just over 7 hours and now at 176. Using 60% mesquite, 20% hickory, 20% alder which is the base on my pellets.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky