12' X12' Gazebo for smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alaskanbear

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 24, 2011
Winnsboro, Texas
Decided to do a covered 12 X12 gazebo (like) structure for all my smoking goodies.  This will be a somewhat slow process, as its just lil ol me doing te work.

4a16d74c_SNV30266.jpg

Goodness, digging post holes aint for old men..lolol TG theres only NINE.

f6f2f1f8_SNV30328.jpg

Good start!

When I saw the title of your thread,
[h1]112' X12' Gazebo for smoking[/h1]
I thought my, that man has lots of gear!

Last edited:
As you look to the rear, you will see one 6X6 post already cut to size..This is where the fit hit the shan.. My 12" miter saw kicked back and decided to take some meat from my left thumb.  Thank goodness, it stopped at the bone and didnt cut the tendon.  So after 7 stitches, alot of dams and by gawlies--I am now out of the smoke house building project for at least 2 weeks.  I have motion in my thumb and its STILL attached where its supposed to be..  Kick backs suck when you react and put a hand in front of your face without even thinking... 

Rich
icon_cry.gif

7ca34789_SNV30340.jpg

Sorry to hear about the thumb. As was said it's looking great.

Looks Great so far AB.

Watch those doggone digits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know my 12" DeWalt sliding compound miter saw guard usually just clears a 6 X 6, and you gotta watch that sucker---sometimes it binds because of that close iffy clearance!!!

The 6 X 6s vary sometimes by 3/8", causing troubles like that.

Be careful!

Bear

I know you will get there!  What a beautiful setting you have to smoke in.  I am jealous!  But, what does it look like in winter.  LOL

Good luck and good smoking.

Looks great so far! Got to watch out for them saws, they are not prejudice, they mangle anything. I have that same miter saw Bear, I know what you mean. 

I know this is a little late, but most mitre saws aren't designed to cut big, heavy 6"X6"s.  I've been in construction for 40 years and I can tell you that the best way is to use your square, mark three sides and cut with a circular saw.  It takes two cuts, but saves thumbs and other digits.  Sorry about the accident, but you're going to have a versatile smoking station when it's done.
Looks-Great.gif

I'm with Baseman on this. Especially if your out there on your own. Gonna have a great station though. Be safe.

Last edited:
Dave, ALL Blackies (males) have an OPEN invite to any of my smokes, as they can, themselves, become a smoke(D) master.. heheh, I just love smoking bears--great taste and great flavor...LOL

RICh

Dave, ALL Blackies (males) have an OPEN invite to any of my smokes, as they can, themselves, become a smoke(D) master.. heheh, I just love smoking bears--great taste and great flavor...LOL

RICh
A friend of mine shot a blackie. He had "bear ham" made and said it was better than pork. Good bear.........

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky