$ 10 Lutani Vortex impressions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JeffB1961

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 1, 2021
got it from amazon about 2 weeks ago and used it the first time yesterday . keep in mind i've never used any type of vortex and it was only my second cook on the weber 22 kettle so it's not like i REALLY know what i'm talking about ...... . i did looked at a few dozen youtube videos and basically played monkey see monkey do . so i guess that makes me am interwebs professional ! hahahaha

i got the small size and it seems thick enough and heavy enough and it has several spot welds holding it together . however .... the overlap for the welds isn't as wide as the ones in the pics of the "real" vortex . if that'll become a issue i have no idea , but i thought it was worth mentioning . however for $10 i ain't really complaining . i did chicken legs and baked potatoes and they turned out good .
20220320_181419.jpg

another thing i think is worth mentioning is the e-mail i got from lutani ......
"...... Hi customer!

I just wanted to reach out and make sure your LUTANI 10 inch BBQ Whirlpool for Weber Kettle Grills 22 26.75 WSM - Stainless Steel Barbecue Kettle Grill Accessories - Medium Barbecue Charcoal Kettle Accessory (10 inch) arrived okay! Recently we have been dealing with some issues Of delivery men throwing around our packages and I am personally following up on every order to make sure everything was delivered safe and sound!

Please let me know if you have any issues at all and I will make sure to set things right :)

Selling on Amazon is what our family does full time to support ourselves, and Product Reviews are the lifeblood of our business. If your LUTANI 10 inch BBQ Whirlpool for Weber Kettle Grills 22 26.75 WSM - Stainless Steel Barbecue Kettle Grill Accessories - Medium Barbecue Charcoal Kettle Accessory (10 inch) helped make someone important in your life happy; it would mean the world to us if you could take 1 minute to help share the love by leaving an honest review :) ..... "

so they seem to actually care about their customers . VERY NICE IMO .
for folks that can't or don't want to spend north of $40 this seems to be a good option .
take care , jeff

It's nice to see good customer service these days. That part of the business cycle seems to be a dying art. There weren't any knock-off Vortex's around when I bought mine. However, I still would have bought the original if there where any. The Vortex folks put a lot of time and money into developing it, and I like to support their efforts. It's tough for a small company to make it with a product only to be undercut by a larger company.

Chris

In a way I agree with Chris, in most cases the knock offs are nowhere as good as the original. But I guess the reason that I would buy the original is because the owner of the company is a member & sponsor on here. And we like to support our members & sponsors.
Al

Reactions: JeffB1961
If this lutani fails sooner rather than later I'll invest in the medium real vortex from the sponsor here .

In a way I agree with Chris, in most cases the knock offs are nowhere as good as the original. But I guess the reason that I would buy the original is because the owner of the company is a member & sponsor on here. And we like to support our members & sponsors.
Al
I wish I knew that they were forum members and sponsors. Just went on their site and they are the next town over from me......Well when the cheap one is toast I know where I am getting it.

Reactions: JeffB1961
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky