“Dog Day Afternoon”

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thailandphil

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Chiang Mai, Thailand
                           “Dog Day Afternoon”

Started with 2 dozen cheap-o store bought hot dogs, smoked them for 2 hrs, cut them open, stuffed then with goodies, then finished off in oven. They were great!

Let’s see what I ended up with.

Left to right—Bacon, onion, cheddar cheese, and mopped with BBQ Sauce---Bacon, onion, jalapeno peppers, cheddar cheese, mopped with BBQ, and good dash of black pepper steak spice---Pepperoni, onions, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, mopped with spaghetti sauce, roasted garlic, and light sprinkle of my own special herb mix---Bacon, onions, roasted banana peppers, cheddar cheese, mopped with green chili sauce, and a hefty dose of Cajun spice. If you count you will see some just didn’t make it to the stuffing stage. Sealed them babies up 2 to a pack, tossed in freezer and I’m good for the month.       

WOW Phil - those look awesome. Some great stuffing combos too  

Phil...those dogs look excellent!!! I'll take one covered with chili and raw onion please!!!
Beer.gif

Evening Phil.........
biggrin.gif
   The dogs look awesome...... Thats about a few days worth for me.........

Joe

Phil, evening....  Holy c*@p the dogs are awesome...  Cocktail hour and a Thai Dog appetizer sounds yummy....   I think I will experiment on the boys for poker night....   
thumb1.gif

Dave

Whew....

When I first saw the title and that "Thailand" Phil had posted it, well..... I was a little worried.  

Just kidding, those "dogs" look great.  Never thought about packing them in 2's like that for quick meal later.  Great idea also.  Thanks

My first thought reading this thread was..." There is such a wide variety of awesome food in Thailand, why post on Hot Dogs! "

Duh...I eat Thai Food when I get tired of eating American Food. I imagine the opposite is very true for you. Great job they look really good...JJ

That is some really Delish lookin hot dogs.

Was gonna have just some plain ones for dinner tonight

now I think I just changed my mind. Thanks for great idea and pics.

Mike

My kids and I are always looking for crazy good things to do with hot dogs or sausages. I think you my friend have given us our next project...... Those look amazing!!! Great Job 
thumb1%20copy.gif

Yes Jimmy Thai food every meal really gets old. Half the time don't know whats in it. Only time wife fixes me American food is when she wants something. lolol So just simple things are a real treat for me.

Phil, I don't remember hot dogs when I was in Thailand.  Look good.  I thought about retiring in Thailand, but stayed here instead.  Did I make a mistake?  Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky