Zuppa Toscana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
This is a spicy and hearty soup. Couple bowls of this with crusty bread and you're ready for a nap.

8 cups chicken stock
2 pounds hot ground sausage
8 oz thick bacon diced, cooked. And drained on paper towel.
1 med. yellow onion diced
4 cloves minced garlic
1 bunch kale with thick stems removed
2 cups heavy cream
6 russet potatoes diced in 1/2" cubes.
3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
Pepper to taste.

P1110398.JPG

Getting things ready.

P1110399.JPG

I had this wedge of smoked Parm looking bored. So....

P1110402.JPG

Sausage browning.

Didn't take the rest of the build shots.
After browning the sausage. Remove and drain. Remove most of the bacon and sausage grease from pan. Leave a couple of tbs in pot.
Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender.
Add the chicken stock and potatoes. Cook on medium high until potatoes are tender.
Put the meats back in, return to simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Add cheese and heavy cream.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add Kale, let simmer for a few minutes until Kale has cooked down.

P1110403.JPG

Money shot!

That looks like it could have some healing powers Steve, cure what ails you. Like, RAY

Soup looks great Steve! I need to make this. I absolutely love kale in soups.

They always seem to reduce that Wegman's hot sausage for quick sale. When they do I buy a few for the freezer. I like using them for sausage biscuits and gravy.

Like it!

Man, all these great soups showing up, I hardly know where to begin. Nice one Steve.

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky