Zuppa Toscana Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I based this off of Steve H recipe. Made it several times now. So good. Added chicken bones and juice from a Sam's rotisserie chicken that I had in freezer into pressure cooker. Threw in onion, garlic, peppercorns and celery than covered with water. Set IP to 30 minutes than 20 natural release. Strain watching out for steam. Browned Hot Sausage than added diced 1/2 onion to sausage. Cook few minutes than into the IP. Added 5 cups broth. Had planned on using jicama but the ones I got few days ago all ready molded so just went with potatoes. Diced up 3 potatoes and into the IP. Added some black and red pepper. Set cooker for 8 minutes and 10 minutes NPR. Tossed bag of spinach into pot and stirred in than added 3/4 cup cream. Tried to scim off some grease. Stirred in 1/4 cup parmesan romano cheese mix. Used some beef gelatin powder to thicken a little bit. I could eat this every week.

20211118_134337.jpg 20211118_135710.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Brian!! That looks really tasty buddy. Nice job. With a supposed cold front coming through that'd make a nice dinner.

Robert

Looks delicious. And a nice variation. I'm making it today as well.

Last edited:
Looks good. I just made that a few weeks ago. The wife doesn't like it so there is more for me!

Looks great Brian! I’ve noticed made any since I posted some here last winter. I’ll have to change that soon as soup weather is fully in play now.

Nice job. I don't get to eat that soup enough. My crew are not Kale fans. I'll have to see if they would be good with Spinach.🤔...JJ

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Nice, I really need to try this.
Yes. This like the 6th time I made
Looks great Brian. I could eat it every week as well. So tasty
Suck a easy dish to taste so good.
Wow Brian!! That looks really tasty buddy. Nice job. With a supposed cold front coming through that'd make a nice dinner.
Robert
Thanks Robert
Looks delicious. And a nice variation. I'm making it today as well.
Thanks for the inspiration. This has become one of my favorite soups. The IP works well with this.
Looks good. I just made that a few weeks ago. The wife doesn't like it so there is more for me!
Thanks
great looking soup! Bowl me up.
Jim
Thanks. Easy dish to make.
Looks really good! Belly warmer for sure!
Ryan
Thanks
That looks great Brian! That is a soup on my lest for sure!
Thanks
Looks amazing as always! I’m drooling over all the soups, I could eat that everyday!
Thanks
Looks great Brian! I’ve noticed made any since I posted some here last winter. I’ll have to change that soon as soup weather is fully in play now.
Thanks
Nice job. I don't get to eat that soup enough. My crew are not Kale fans. I'll have to see if they would be good with Spinach.🤔...JJ
Thanks. I don't do Kale either.
I always do like with spinach as I’m not a huge kale fan.
I hear you.

I based this off of Steve H recipe. Made it several times now. So good. Added chicken bones and juice from a Sam's rotisserie chicken that I had in freezer into pressure cooker. Threw in onion, garlic, peppercorns and celery than covered with water. Set IP to 30 minutes than 20 natural release. Strain watching out for steam. Browned Hot Sausage than added diced 1/2 onion to sausage. Cook few minutes than into the IP. Added 5 cups broth. Had planned on using jicama but the ones I got few days ago all ready molded so just went with potatoes. Diced up 3 potatoes and into the IP. Added some black and red pepper. Set cooker for 8 minutes and 10 minutes NPR. Tossed bag of spinach into pot and stirred in than added 3/4 cup cream. Tried to scim off some grease. Stirred in 1/4 cup parmesan romano cheese mix. Used some beef gelatin powder to thicken a little bit. I could eat this every week.

View attachment 516693View attachment 516692

Looks awesome!
Also cauliflower is a great substitute for potatoes in this dish in case your plans ever get ruined by bad produce. I always have frozen cauliflower in the freezer and I bet you might also too :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky