Yuk. Pink chicken.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
It's cured. Now that's out of the way. I cured a bird in pops brine in the Briner Jr.

Soaked for 4 days.

Seasoned with some Jamaica chicken seasoning and on the rotisserie over oak.

Bout half way done.

High heat cured chicken.

Yes it was fully cooked.

Nice. I like smoked and cured poultry. The Cure making the Leg Quarters Pink, is the exact reason I never make cured chicken for company. To much time explaining, it is supposed to be that way and why...JJ

Nice. I like smoked and cured poultry. The Cure making the Leg Quarters Pink, is the exact reason I never make cured chicken for company. To much time explaining, it is supposed to be that way and why...JJ

I still have to explain it to the wife. She said " it's not done". Lol. I said it's cured. Then she liked it.

Nice chicken Adam!  "Points"  I am a new fan to cured poultry myself.  I didn't even think of having to explain the color to my guests. 

Mike

The chicken looks good 
icon14.gif

That's when I say "OK. I'll eat it. Nice knowing you, I'll be dead in a few days." 

Same goes for "my bacon is raw" after it's been in blistering hot oil for ten minutes..

Last edited:
Looks great! I've brined birds overnight, but never cured. Yours sure turned nice and moist. I just might have to give this a try.

Points for the inspiration! Thanks, David.

Thanks everyone.

I only do this twice a year.

Huh, never saw that briner before...neat tool. The cured bird I've done before, except not whole, just pieces...either way, the cured flavor and texture...mmm...it's good eats. Yours looks scrumptious!!!

It's been way too long since my last round, though...can't remember when, so yeah, too long...I do have a few bags of TQ tucked away in my stash, soooo...

Thanks for sharing!!!

Eric

Looks tasty to me! Nice smoke Adam. Funny all those folks at the fair and Disneyland walking around with turkey legs and the meat is as pink as can be!

Good Job !!   Looks Tasty to me.

The first time I did one like that, I gave everybody a heads up, so they did,'t think 

I was serving under cooked chicken

Looks-Great.gif

points1.png

Gary

The Briner... another gadget to get!..  That chicken looks on the money! 

Thanks. I have the Jr sized, love it. I am going to get the big one soon

Huh, never saw that briner before...neat tool. The cured bird I've done before, except not whole, just pieces...either way, the cured flavor and texture...mmm...it's good eats. Yours looks scrumptious!!!

It's been way too long since my last round, though...can't remember when, so yeah, too long...I do have a few bags of TQ tucked away in my stash, soooo...

Thanks for sharing!!!

Eric

Thanks Eric. I went 4 days on this one. The wife didn't like the texture. I also didn't dry in the fridge for 2 days either.

Looks tasty to me! Nice smoke Adam. Funny all those folks at the fair and Disneyland walking around with turkey legs and the meat is as pink as can be!

Thanks Case. Yea but the cooks at Disney are pro's. Everyone trusts them. Lol

Good Job !!   Looks Tasty to me.
The first time I did one like that, I gave everybody a heads up, so they did,'t think 
I was serving under cooked chicken

:Looks-Great:

:points1:

Gary

Thanks Gary. I would never do cured chicken for a crowd of people.

Nice Job Adam!!
icon14.gif

Looks Great !!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

My Son Smoked a Cured Turkey (from Dietrich's Meats) for Thanksgiving one time----We had to assure Mrs Bear a Bunch of times---"IT"S DONE, MOM !!!"

It was Fantastic!!

Bear

Nice Job Adam!!Thumbs Up

Looks Great !!:drool ----:points:

My Son Smoked a Cured Turkey (from Dietrich's Meats) for Thanksgiving one time----We had to assure Mrs Bear a Bunch of times---"IT"S DONE, MOM !!!"

It was Fantastic!!

Bear

Thanks Bear. At least people know under cooked chicken is very bad. In my opinion it's the worst meat to under cook.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky