Young Pit Apprentice here to learn and share šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GrillinWithGump

Original poster
Mar 12, 2022
Hey fellas. Iā€™m in my early 20s and just started smoking this week. I tried every local BBQ place and was disgusted by all of them. They drown the meats in so much sauce I couldnā€™t even tell what animal I was eating! So I went to Loweā€™s and picked up a basic Weber Kettle, some coals, and some hickory. Iā€™ve been smoking meats every single day trying to get better. Iā€™m here to learn and share šŸ˜€. Right now I consider myself to be an apprentice of the pitā€¦ but I hope to one day be a master.

my first rack of ribs ever - smoked with hickory and hit with a very light honey chipotle glaze šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘
C5E9F2DC-49C7-455C-8AAF-9E9DD428D98D.jpeg

Welcome to the site, glad to have ya join up. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Chris

oops I forgot. Your ribs look real good to me.

Reactions: GrillinWithGump
Looks great, you stumbled on the best site with the best people. I just picked up my first 22" kettle an hour ago. Needed a step up from pellets in an electric.

Reactions: GrillinWithGump
Looks great, you stumbled on the best site with the best people. I just picked up my first 22" kettle an hour ago. Needed a step up from pellets in an electric.
Even though Iā€™m a noob Iā€™ve found it super simple to use and even keep temps pretty steady

Reactions: clifish
Welcome from Central Texas. Gotta admit, those look WAY better than the first rack of ribs I ever cooked :emoji_wink: Nice job. There's tone of info here and the search function can be your best friend to learn pretty much anything you'll ever need to know. Some great info to be had.

Robert

Welcome from Colorado.
Those ribs look great, but how did they taste? I bet they were delicious.

Welcome from Minnesota. Ribs look great. Seem to have the picture part going already. You can ask one question and get more responses than meat you have to try it on!

Welcome from North Carolina, Great lookin ribs. You picked a good grill to start with. Can't beat a kettle.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky