Yeah, yeah. I'm a sucker for things like this.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I saw these on Face Book and thought that this was kinda cool.

20210618_111037.jpg

And while restocking on required vaca items (booze) I found them at a store. 10 of them for 4.59. So, I grabbed a box. Then noticed they were BOGO! So I got 2 boxes of them.
I like them. Though I have no doubt somebody will crush one thinking they are the solo cups. They claim they'll help keep cold beverages cooler a bit longer. If I can type later I'll let you know.
I have to test them for science sake!

Is it a double walled insulated cup? Aluminum disperses heat very well, so I wouldn't think it would keep beverages colder longer. I'd actually think it would offer less time.

Is it a double walled insulated cup? Aluminum disperses heat very well, so I wouldn't think it would keep beverages colder longer. I'd actually think it would offer less time.

These aren't meant for hot beverages, only cold. Not double walled. They claim it provides a unique cold drinking experience. Whatever that means! Once the cup is cool it might afford some extra time. Though I'm not a believer of that either.

Steve,
When I was a kid, my Great-Grandfather had a Tin cup hanging by the outside Pump, over at his farm and we also often used a Dipper to drink out of, and I swear the water always seemed colder from those things.

Also I don't know what it's made of, but the newest Miller Lite Screw-top can seems to keep the beer colder longer than the regular pull-tab cans do.

Bear

I saw these on Face Book and thought that this was kinda cool.

View attachment 500454
And while restocking on required vaca items (booze) I found them at a store. 10 of them for 4.59. So, I grabbed a box. Then noticed they were BOGO! So I got 2 boxes of them.
I like them. Though I have no doubt somebody will crush one thinking they are the solo cups. They claim they'll help keep cold beverages cooler a bit longer. If I can type later I'll let you know.
I have to test them for science sake!
Seems like a good enough reason for an "experiment" to me....

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Steve,
When I was a kid, my Great-Grandfather had a Tin cup hanging by the outside Pump, over at his farm and we also often used a Dipper to drink out of, and I swear the water always seemed colder from those things.

Also I don't know what it's made of, but the newest Miller Lite Screw-top can seems to keep the beer colder longer than the regular pull-tab cans do.

Bear
My Paternal grandparents had a pump like that out by the milk-house with a tin cup. It also always seemed colder than the house water.
Odd because it came from the same well...

Steve,

Bear
I have several metal cups that walked out of a bar with me in Rochester NY a couple years ago....I have not had a beer last long enough in them to see if they kept it colder for longer.

I have several metal cups that walked out of a bar with me in Rochester NY a couple years ago....I have not had a beer last long enough in them to see if they kept it colder for longer.

Hmm, which bar may that of been?

They probably work great. Growing up, in our Bathroom was a plain looking Stainless Steel Cup. Whether it was Science or Magic the Water out of that cup was ALWAYS Colder than what went in!...JJ

Hmm, which bar may that of been?
I believe it was on sodus point, might of been Cap't Jacks, we where salmon fishing for a couple days. I do remember the lake was so high that houses where flooded and all the docs were under water.

Yup, Sodus point really got hurt with that flooding. Been to Capt. Jacks before and if I remember right they had metal tankard like mugs.

I remember those multi color aluminum cups from the '60's. They were good for cold drinks. They had some sort of anodized finish.
Man seems like everyone have a set of those things! I know my grandparents had some.
Jim

Yup, my parents did for picnics. They didn't have to worry about getting them broken. Though they did have dents in them. They kept the fine loony tune glasses at home.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky