XXL CHILI CHEESE BURGER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
I got home late from work yesterday so it was a long day and I even skipped lunch. I was on my own for dinner. Looking through the fridge to find something quick. I ran across some leftover chili from the night before. And some rotel/velveta nacho cheese dip that I had used earlier in the week on the chorizo brats. I knew right then I wanted a chili cheese burger.....and a BIG one. I was starving!

Started with some 80/20 ground beef. I Made four 1/4 lb pattys.
0625202129.jpg

Toasted up the buns
0625202149.jpg

Diced up some red onion and then heated the cheese dip and the chili in the microwave.
0625202150.jpg
0625202151.jpg

It was a real nice night to be out side grilling!
0625202202b.jpg

I didnt take any pictures of the build bit it went like this

Bun,mustard,patty,chili,patty,cheese,bun,mustard,patty,chili,patty,cheese,onion,bun! Lol!

And here it is!
0625202242b.jpg

And cut in half.
0625202246a.jpg
0625202254b.jpg

I can't belive I actually finished this beast!
Thanks for looking!

Damn Travis that is a hell of a burger man! What is not to like about rotel and chili on a burger? I would be down for the rest of the night after that one.

That's awesome! Not sure if I could eat the whole thing but would sure try.

Ryan

Man that looks phenomenal lol. I'd tear it up. Need to call that the quadruple bypass burger!
Thanks Jake! Thats probably the most accurate name for that burger!
OMG! That looks great. I'd need a Prilosec afterwards.....But, I'd tear it up.
Thanks! The chili was pretty mild but yes its definitely a heart burner!
Makes my one sad little burger I have for lunch look like crumbs
lol! Well I guess ibshould have shared half with you!
Damn Travis that is a hell of a burger man! What is not to like about rotel and chili on a burger? I would be down for the rest of the night after that one.
Thanks! And trust me I slept like a baby after eating all that!
That's awesome! Not sure if I could eat the whole thing but would sure try.

Ryan
thanks Ryan! I honestly didnt think I could do it! Somehow it disappeared!

Reactions: JLeonard
And you're still alive to post it? Amazing....both the burger and the fact that you're not pushing up daisies in the back yard. Holy smoke Travis!! That's just insane buddy but it sure looks good. Love the summary of the build process. Sounds like about as many steps as building a house :emoji_laughing:

Great job!!
Robert

Yeah, that is a cardiologist's dream right there.
yep no doubt!
And you're still alive to post it? Amazing....both the burger and the fact that you're not pushing up daisies in the back yard. Holy smoke Travis!! That's just insane buddy but it sure looks good. Love the summary of the build process. Sounds like about as many steps as building a house :emoji_laughing:

Great job!!
Robert
Thanks Robert! I swear I dont eat like this all the time! Lol! If I would have taken pictures of each step of the build it would have taken two posts to get it done! Lol!

I'm thinking after getting the first bite the rest was a piece of cake, Like! RAY
RAY, I think your right here. In this case it really was not "mind over matter" but more like "flavor over matter" lol! And thanks for the like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky