Xmas gift

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcglenn1009

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
I have been asked what I want for Christmas and wanted to run it by the forum first.  I have a Char-Broil Quantum Commerial 4 Burner gas grill and a Master Forge Double Door smoker.  Is there any other piece of equiptment that I need besides a grill and smoker that would make my outdoor cooking complete? 

Big Easy oiless fryer is allways a nice addition to the outdoor cooking arnenal.

You might consider a weber kettle. We have one with a large pizza stone in it. The stone is made especially for the 22.5" grill. We use it exclusively for grilling pizza. Pizza over charcoal with a couple of hickory chunks for smoke is to die for. Also makes killer calzone.

icon_cool.gif

More grills and smokers. After all when you get really good at your crafts you will want to share the food for it's just too good to only cook it for your family. You will want to share it with the world.

I bought myself a Christmas present, a 2 door Master Forge Smoker, it will be used for bigger smokes than my Brinkmann Smoke n Pro which has about rusted out on me.  The first thing I bought to go with it was a Maverick Redi-Chek Model ET-73 Remote Smoker Thermometer, cost about $36.00 from Amazon. It has 2 probes, one to monitor smoke chamber temperature and another one to check the meat temperature and it has a remote that will broadcast about 100 ft from the main unit.  I have one that I have used on my Brinkmann and it is fantastic.  Keeps you from having to stay right with the smoker all the time.  Well worth your money!

P.S.  I hear they are coming out with a new one soon that will transmit up to 300 ft. from the main unit, it may already be out in some venues!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky