XMAS Eve Dinner. Smoked Spare RIbs, Smoked Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans.. Q-view and more.

Discussion in 'Pork' started by slief, Dec 24, 2011.

1. slief

slief Smoke Blower

XMAS is about here and I decided to get my smoke on. Tonight's dinner was spare ribs, Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans, Mac and cheese and Salad..  Dinner came out great. Probably the best ribs I have ever had.

The ribs came from Costco. I trimmed them up and rubbed them down with some Baron rub last night. They went on the GMG pellet smoker around 11AM today with a mix of oak and apple pellets.

[​IMG]

I sprayed em down with apple juice every hour.

[​IMG]

After just over 3 hours, they were ready for a slathering of Honey and a 2 hour foil wrap with some apple juice in the foil.

[​IMG]

Out of the foil, glazed with bbq sauce and back onto the grill for another hour or so. I had to be careful with them as they were already coming off the bone.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. tdwester

tdwester Fire Starter

Man that looks good!

3. that's my kind of christmas meal...looks great!

4. slief

slief Smoke Blower

Now for the beans. I cooked them in my MES 30 at 220 with Hickory pellets in my AMNPS. I used this recipe. They came out great. I used some of the smoked rib trimmings in the mix. I only used 1 Jalapeno. I think the could have used the second one. Just before they went into the smoker.  

[​IMG]

Once the ribs were out of the smoker, I tossed them on the grill for about 2 minutes per side. Here they are after they came off the grill. They were perfect! Bones came out of the meat clean.

[​IMG]

Main course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dinner is served.

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I'm making shrimp stuffed ABT's, pulled pork stuffed ABT's and Pork Candy for mid day snacks and I'm smoking a ham and frying a Turkey for dinner. That will get its own thread tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed as much as I did! 

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  5. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That is GREAT, I love Dutch's wicked baked beans and with ribs mmmm.

6. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That's a delicious looking meal!

Great job!

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now thats a dinner that I would even be proud to serve. Great Job Slief.