WICKED BAKED BEANS
(Beans that will even make Chili Heads happy)
6-8 strips of bacon cut into 1/2 inch squares
1/2 Medium onion, diced
1/2 Bell pepper, diced
1 - 2 Jalapeno Peppers, diced (seeding is optional)
1 - 55 ounce can Bush's Baked Beans
1-8 ounce can of pineapple chunks, drained
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 Cup ketchup
1/2 - 1 Tbs. dry (ground) mustard
Saute bacon pieces in fry pan until crispy and remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Saute onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper until tender.
In a large mixing bowl combine beans, pineapple, brown sugar, ketchup and dry mustard. Stir in bacon pieces and vegetables. Pour into a 12X9 or a deep 9X9 aluminum baking pan. (While mixing if things look dry, add additional ketchup 1/4 -1/2 cup at a time)
Place in a 220-250° smoker for 2 1/2 - 3 hours (make sure temperature of the baked beans reaches 160° ) or place in a 350° oven and bake for 1 hour.
NOTE: If you are making these beans as a side dish for Kansas City style pork ribs, smoke the removed skirt meat for 1-1 1/2 hours, then dice the skirt meat and stir into the Baked Beans.
With the Jalapeno pepper and the dry mustard these beans have the potential for some MAJOR heat. CAUTION should be exercised when feeding these beans to small children and/or the elderly.
To make this recipe Family Friendly, omit the Jalapeno pepper and the dry mustard.
Hummus Made Easy
Last edited: 4/28/11
- Dutchs Ranch Style BeansLast edited: 4/28/11
- Dutchs Gourmet Cowboy GravyLast edited: 4/28/11
- topicSidestagged by System, 4/28/11
Alphabetical Article List
Dutchs Wicked Baked Beans
WICKED BAKED BEANS
- Dutchs Ranch Style Beans
- › First butts on modified el cheapo...pics and Q view 2 minutes ago
- › New Toy - PBC initial smokes 6 minutes ago
- › What's your favorite home cooked meal?? 19 minutes ago
- › Smoking in the Napa Valley! 33 minutes ago
- › What are the most important factors generally needed or wanted on a... 34 minutes ago
- › Moving from Propane Master Built to Pellet ideas 36 minutes ago
- › Fridge Conversion - Pics and a question on heating element 42 minutes ago
- › Cutting Loin Ribs 50 minutes ago
- › New 72 in reverse flow for sale 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Brine and Spatchcook (Whole Chicken) 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ