WICKED BAKED BEANS
(Beans that will even make Chili Heads happy)
6-8 strips of bacon cut into 1/2 inch squares
1/2 Medium onion, diced
1/2 Bell pepper, diced
1 - 2 Jalapeno Peppers, diced (seeding is optional)
1 - 55 ounce can Bush's Baked Beans
1-8 ounce can of pineapple chunks, drained
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 Cup ketchup
1/2 - 1 Tbs. dry (ground) mustard
Saute bacon pieces in fry pan until crispy and remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Saute onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper until tender.
In a large mixing bowl combine beans, pineapple, brown sugar, ketchup and dry mustard. Stir in bacon pieces and vegetables. Pour into a 12X9 or a deep 9X9 aluminum baking pan. (While mixing if things look dry, add additional ketchup 1/4 -1/2 cup at a time)
Place in a 220-250° smoker for 2 1/2 - 3 hours (make sure temperature of the baked beans reaches 160° ) or place in a 350° oven and bake for 1 hour.
NOTE: If you are making these beans as a side dish for Kansas City style pork ribs, smoke the removed skirt meat for 1-1 1/2 hours, then dice the skirt meat and stir into the Baked Beans.
With the Jalapeno pepper and the dry mustard these beans have the potential for some MAJOR heat. CAUTION should be exercised when feeding these beans to small children and/or the elderly.
To make this recipe Family Friendly, omit the Jalapeno pepper and the dry mustard.
Hummus Made Easy
Last edited: 4/28/11
- Dutchs Ranch Style BeansLast edited: 4/28/11
- Dutchs Gourmet Cowboy GravyLast edited: 4/28/11
- topicSidestagged by System, 4/28/11
Alphabetical Article List
Dutchs Wicked Baked Beans
WICKED BAKED BEANS
- Dutchs Ranch Style Beans
- › First Soue Vide cooked corned beef 4 minutes ago
- › First time smoking pork back ribs. 18 minutes ago
- › Injected pork butt and still a little dry...? 24 minutes ago
- › Searching for the best sauce for pulled smoked chicken thighs 24 minutes ago
- › First Smoke - Boston Butt 28 minutes ago
- › What to smoke first? 30 minutes ago
- › First smoke of the year 31 minutes ago
- › March Throwdown 34 minutes ago
- › Apple & Pecan stuffed Pork Loin 37 minutes ago
- › Spring Brisket 39 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations